Wedding Woes
Options

The hot topics are always good for a laugh

What would YOU pack for a surprise destination?

posted at 4/29/2010 12:16 AM CDT on theknot.com

Joined on
04-26-2010
ST. LOUIS
Total posts: 63
First: 4/26/2010

Last: 4/29/2010

Next weekend my SO is taking me on a "surprise" vacation. I had to put in for vacation time at work a month and a half ago... but I have absolutely NO clue where the destination is. I'll find out when I see my ticket at the airport. Initially the plan a few months ago was that we'd purchase our engagement ring, become engaged officially before the trip and then we would have the trip to kind of "celebrate" it in our own way. But you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men... Picked out a ring, it's being sized and I highly doubt it will be back in time for the trip. So it's just a romantic getaway at this point! (I mention this because usually when I tell someone that it's a surprise destination the response is always, "OMGZ DO YOU THINK HE WILL PROPOSE?!" 

This is all I've got: we're going for an undisclosed period of time between May 9th- May 13th. So, five days at max. 

I'm a spazz when I visit my parents in Nashville for three nights. Like, I seriously look like I'm moving back home and I actually KNOW what kinds of events/activities to pack for. 

So what would you pack for a mystery location?

______
This does not sound like fun to me at all. What if the destination is somewhere she hates? What if she packs for the beach and he takes her to Alaska? I'm also giggling about the fact that she's posting on the honeymoon board about a trip she's taking before she's engaged.

Re: The hot topics are always good for a laugh

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Why doesn't she ask him what's the weather going to be like?

I would be down for a surprise trip, but he would need to give me an idea about the type of clothes to pack. It doesn't ruin the surprise to say hot or cold.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    speaking from experience (my parents surprised us w/a trip to Mexico when we were all in college...we all just took the time and showed up at the airport),

Flight security people/baggage check people/etc are NOT AMUSED when they ask about where you are going and you have no idea.
    They assume you're trying to blow sh!t up.
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not a big fan of surprises, unless they are perfectly executed and a complete surprise. Knowing that I'm going somewhere but having no idea where would drive me nuts. H waking me up one morning and saying "hey, we're going to the airport, I already packed for you," would be amazing.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_hot-topics-always-good-laugh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:559cad83-b95c-4061-ba95-4481a2c82179Post:2eba7cf8-0c4b-4811-96b3-b493692abea9">The hot topics are always good for a laugh</a>:
    [QUOTE]What would YOU pack for a surprise destination? posted at 4/29/2010 12:16 AM CDT on theknot.com BlueBoxBride Joined on 04-26-2010 ST. LOUIS 7506078830771038 Total posts: 63 First: 4/26/2010 Last: 4/29/2010 Next weekend my SO is taking me on a "surprise" vacation. I had to put in for vacation time at work a month and a half ago... but I have absolutely NO clue where the destination is. I'll find out when I see my ticket at the airport. Initially the plan a few months ago was that we'd purchase our engagement ring, become engaged officially before the trip and then we would have the trip to kind of "celebrate" it in our own way. But you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men... Picked out a ring, it's being sized and I highly doubt it will be back in time for the trip. So it's just a romantic getaway at this point! (I mention this because usually when I tell someone that it's a surprise destination the response is always, "OMGZ DO YOU THINK HE WILL PROPOSE?!"  This is all I've got: we're going for an undisclosed period of time between May 9th- May 13th. So, five days at max.  I'm a spazz when I visit my parents in Nashville for three nights. Like, I seriously look like I'm moving back home and I actually KNOW what kinds of events/activities to pack for.  So what would you pack for a mystery location? ______ This does not sound like fun to me at all. What if the destination is somewhere she hates? What if she packs for the beach and he takes her to Alaska? I'm also giggling about the fact that she's posting on the honeymoon board about a trip she's taking before she's engaged.
    Posted by TheDuckis[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Does everyone's text run off under the sidebars, or is it just my browser or something? Anyway, now that I can read it:</div><div>
    </div><div>No. I don't take well to surprise snacks after school, let alone an entire vacation. This would just make me anxious. I'd end up with fifteen suitcases because I'd have to pack everything I owned just in case. 

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards