Wedding Woes
Options

raaaaaage

So, I just heard from the guy I interviewed with back in January. Please remember that at the time he told me they were opening up several positions and he wanted me to meet with people and pick what I wanted to do, and they'd make that one of the positions.

Now "This position has spun around a bit internally and I think we've made a decision to not hire it (or at least not hire it in [this city])."

Oh, but they'll re-evaluate in 6 months, so I should keep in touch. It's really, really hard not to feel like they've just been giving me lip service this whole time and never liked me to begin with. I mean really, you went from opening a new department to not hiring anyone? Okay.

I feel like I've applied at every company in the area that I'd have even a little bit of an interest in working at, and the closest I've come to a lead is a drawn out blowoff from people who probably just didn't want to tell my friend they weren't going to hire me.

I'm sofucking frustrated, and now I kindof just want to go curl in a ball and cry.

Re: raaaaaage

• Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh TD that just plain sucks!!  :(  I'm so sorry. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ((hugs))
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is SO annoying.  I'm sorry. :(

I will say that my company (which is really bad about stuff like this) WILL go from planning a whole new department and interviewing people for it to changing course completely and not hiring anyone after we invested TONS of hours in it.  Sometimes it's because the client backed out, but just as often it's because the owner has a new "vision" about what we need to be.  So, yeah, it's entirely possible that they aren't having the department. Their loss.

Have you considered hanging out a shingle as an independent consultant? Social media integration for local TV networks or something?  People pay a lot of money for someone to generate a social media strategy and editorial calendar, yo. (I know that's not your end goal, but it's something you could totally do and be good at.)

• Options
    MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gah, that's schitty. Grab Herbie & head this way. We can sulk while they play.
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry.  This sounds very frustrating.

But on the other hand, dude sounded like a big flake and the whole place sounds disorganized.

H has had two situations like this since we've been married where one person all but offers him a job, telling him they think he would be a great fit, I'll get right back to you on a good time for the final interview, etc...and then nothing.  Not even a rejection letter.  I think people sometimes just talk it up and don't really have the authority to be talking.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's ok to curl up in a ball for awhile.  I got a rejection email for a job I really liked and thought I'd had a good interview and I was upset.  I kind of wallowed in it that afternoon and then got up the next morning and kept going.

I am sure there is something much better for you out there!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what the what.  these people are losing out on some prime worker bees.

dh was in the same situation in nov, when that woman was all "you have to come work for me nooooowwwwww" + "it's only you" and then after he had flown out there, hr said no.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks.  I'm sorry
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards