Wedding Reception Forum

To Name Tables or Not to Name Tables.....

I want my reception to be more "casual" in that people will not be seated. Also, I will not be having a plated dinner. Now to my question, can I name tables without having people assigned to seats? Is it acceptable or just un-necessary?I will only have spots assigned for the wedding party, their dates, & the immediate family.

Re: To Name Tables or Not to Name Tables.....

• I am really sorry to do this but I am not responding to your blog post, instead I'm writing to ask about your day-of planner you mentioned in another post. I could not figure out how to message you (embarassed) but I would like to know if you could give me her e-mail or contact info. I'm getting married in Louisville in about four weeks and I've suddenly decided that $100 (or a little more) would be a bargain for my day-of sanity!Thanks!Lauren
  • Lauren:Ha! So I couldn't figure out how to message you directly either....you can email me at mel6685@msn.com if you want more info.I am actually meeting with her today. Her name is Emily Herringa: sunnyskyevents@gmail.com  (I can't find her phone number!).Here is her description of her day-of help:"My Day Of package starts way before the day of.  I help with invites as needed, can design programs, table names/numbers, and do all of your place cards.  I charge just the cost of the materials and do all of the work for free (design and assembly). I actively work from the rehearsal through the end of the reception.  Beforehand, we'll meet and go over everything and I'll help you figure out the timeline, then print up a copy of it for everyone to have.  Attached is a sample of that.  I work with your officiant to run the rehearsal, marking where to stand, going over the processional, etc.  If you are having a friend or family member ordained to marry you, I help that person become comfortable with the layout and flow of things.  I also tell all of the bridal party members that I am the one to ask questions of.  You have done all of the work, not it's time for you to relax.  I pass out my business cards and tell them to call me at 2am if they have questions.  Several groomsmen have threatened to do just that, but none have so far! I set up all venues as needed...arranging flowers at the ceremony site, attaching pew decorations if your florist is not, and doing all setup for the reception site.  This is done either the night before or the day of the wedding, depending on what your venues allow.  Oh, and I confirm with all of your vendors the week of the wedding and am there to direct them the day of the wedding (where to put the cake, where the DJ sets up, etc). I like to be there to help keep pictures flowing, but I know that your photographer probably has things under control.  However, I will be there to pin bouts and corsages, and make sure that all key people (grandparents, parents, etc) are in place when they're supposed to be.  I provide all emergency gear, so you don't have to worry about a day of kit.  I'll help cue musicians and those who are walking down the aisle; fluff your dress as you go down and make sure that the ceremony gets off to a good start.  I typically will get you down the aisle and then immediately head to the reception site where I'll put on the finishing touches--lighting candles, setting out place cards if they're outside, making sure everything there is ready for you.  If needed, I have a friend who can help and would assist with pictures after the ceremony and cleaning up things from the church.  During the reception, I cue the entrance and coordinate all events with the DJ, photographer, and videographer.  I'll make sure that all people who are doing toasts are in place and ready to go.  I will make sure you eat, keep plenty of drink in your cup, and will also go around to every table while eating to see if they need anything.  I pay special attention to the bridal party tables and the parents' tables, getting drink refills, cake, etc.  I'll work with the DJ to keep the reception flowing, having you in place for the toasts, cake cutting, special dances, bouquet and garter toss and anything else important.  I stay till the last song is done and everything is cleaned up.  I make sure that you get your deposit back. "Hope that helps. Email me for more info! Good luck...oh and if you sell anything or have good advice post wedding...let me know! (My wedding isn't until Sept 2010) It would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Melissa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards