Wedding Reception Forum
Options

First Dances

We are having a Beatles cover band play our reception. My question is for the first dances, should we pick Beatles songs so that the band can play them or should we pick any song? i just think it would be kind of weird if the band we hired didnt play the first dance songs as well.

Re: First Dances

• Options
    I think this is a question for the band.  Do they play any songs besides the Beatles?  If yes, then pick whatever you want.  If no, then pick a Beatles song.I would imagine they can learn and play anything you ask them to, since they are a band.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    they probably could play other songs, but they are a beatles cover band, named Beetle. I'll probably ask if they would play either john lennon or paul mccartney songs too.some first dance songs we are looking at at "I will" by the Beatles and "Love" by John Lennon.
  • Options
    At most weddings I've been to with bands, the DJ that accompanied them still played a recording of the first dance song. I wouldn't have had the same connection to our first dance song if it was played by someone other than KISS. I say do whichever you prefer. It won't be weird if you choose to go with the recording.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards