Reception Ideas

two guest list

how do I create two list an A list for definites and a B list for wedding attendees?

Re: two guest list

• JoanE2012JoanE2012 Exit 21 (Jersey!)
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    In Response to two guest list:
    how do I create two list an A list for definites and a B list for wedding attendees?
    Posted by christinalg3
    You don't!  How would you like to be on a B list?
  • MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot Atlanta
    Eighth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Of course not!  You create a list of people you want to invite and send them invitations.  
  • You don't create tiers in your guest list.  Everyone should get invitations at the same time.  If you want to make a "must have" and a "maybe" list for purposes of planning and making your guest list, that's fine to do while you are trying to finalize your list before you send out invitations.  I am not sure why you would need help understanding how to do that, though.

• In Response to two guest list:
    Posted by christinalg3
    So are you saying the B list would only be invited to the ceremony and not the reception... or vice versa? You need to invite ALL guests to the ceremony AND reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to two guest list:
    Posted by christinalg3
    B lists are rude.  Invite all of the guests you can properly host at one time.  If some decline, then some decline. You should not invite a second tier of guests to fill those spots.
  • You absolutely do NOT have to invite all people to the ceremony *and* reception.  What my FI and I are doing is having a very intimate ceremony (immediate family, wedding party), and then inviting our extended family (which totals over 40 people without cousins) to the reception.  

Your wedding is just that: yours and your fiancee's.  It doesn't have to follow traditional norms.  Do what works for you. 
  • In Response to Re: two guest list:
    You absolutely do NOT have to invite all people to the ceremony *and* reception.  What my FI and I are doing is having a very intimate ceremony (immediate family, wedding party), and then inviting our extended family (which totals over 40 people without cousins) to the reception.   Your wedding is just that: yours and your fiancee's.  It doesn't have to follow traditional norms.  Do what works for you. 
    Posted by solumkr26
    This is accetable ONLY if your ceremony is immediate family.  If your ceremoney is more than just immediate family then it would be considered a tiered guest list which is considered very rude.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards