Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception Color Overload!

Hi,
I am worrying that I have too many colors at my reception.  My colors are chocolate, deep red, and orange. So at my reception, I have chocolate table clothes, with red napkins, and red sashes on the chairs.  The only color I could get the chair covers in are white.  Then i wanted red and orange flowers on the tables with candles.  The white chairs are throwing me off.  Should I cut out the orange flowers because of the white chairs, or does white chair count at all?  Oh and bridesmaids dresses are deep red.

Thanks

Re: Reception Color Overload!

• Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    What about having white napkins that could go with the chairs and instead of red sashes, orange sashes on the chairs (if you must)?

I think the red will come out in the flowers in the centerpieces.
  • Options
    My colors are blue and green and I am using black white and silver accents. think of them as neutrals!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_reception-color-overload?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:6fbfbb08-9f06-4aaa-8c9a-410037914b38Post:91e12246-c901-40eb-8b0d-f886dc62f866">Re: Reception Color Overload!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My colors are blue and green and I am using black white and silver accents. think of them as neutrals!
    Posted by yourlittlestars[/QUOTE]

this. white is a neutral, so don't worry about it as a color.

for the record i have 4 wedding colors - 2 main colors for the wedding party, and 2 additional accent colors. There are really no rules - just go by what will be the most pleasing to the eye.
    We're just two lost souls swimmin' in a fish bowl, year after year
  • Options
    I agree with the other posters, white is a neutral, it should not factor into your color scheme. I think your tables will look fine the way you're planning on setting them up.
    I'm married!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards