Wedding Reception Forum
Options

caricatures

I just got something in the mail about an artist who does caricatures for weddings! I've never heard of this before and thought it was a cool idea I was just wondering if anyone else has done that or heard about it before. It would give the guests something to do during the cocktail hour and also the reception. It was a different idea so I'm wondering what other people think....would you have your picture drawn at a wedding??

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: caricatures

• Options
    I've never seen it at a wedding, but my H's company Christmas party had one a few years ago and it was fun.  We kept our caricature for years.  I think it'd be something neat and different at the cocktail hour.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just remember that a caricaturist takes time to complete each picture.  It's not something that's very quickly cranked out.  If you're having a big wedding, realistically he won't be able to get the bulk of your guests done.

Also, just MO, but I wouldn't want my guests to spend my reception waiting in line to get a caricature made. 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_caricatures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:8321ba2b-8156-4723-a4b5-66dcff38dbacPost:7ccf70d2-f4ae-4257-bf5a-5523c0e4ceb5">Re: caricatures</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just remember that a caricaturist takes time to complete each picture.  It's not something that's very quickly cranked out.  If you're having a big wedding, realistically he won't be able to get the bulk of your guests done. Also, just MO, but I wouldn't want my guests to spend my reception waiting in line to get a caricature made. 
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

That's a good point, but the one at the party I went to walked around and did them quickly.  You didn't have to wait in line, just kind of stand there and drink your drink while she cranked out the picture.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    My fiance proposed with a caricature and I'm hoping to get the artist who did our engagement to come to the wedding - I think it'll be a sweet way to commemorate our engagement!

Also - sidenote - the artist who did ours said he can do 20/ hour - that means guests would only be waiting about 3 minutes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_caricatures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:8321ba2b-8156-4723-a4b5-66dcff38dbacPost:746970d2-f750-4102-bc46-dce1aa46ea03">Re: caricatures</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance proposed with a caricature and I'm hoping to get the artist who did our engagement to come to the wedding - I think it'll be a sweet way to commemorate our engagement! Also - sidenote -<em><strong> the artist who did ours said he can do 20/ hour - that means guests would only be waiting about 3 minutes.</strong></em>
    Posted by ColinNikki[/QUOTE]

Well, your math is a little fuzzy here.  He can do 20 per hour.  Unless I'm missing something, that means that the second person in line will be waiting for 3 minutes.  And the 20th person in line will be waiting for an hour.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options

that won't be a problem we're not inviting many people and we are getting married in an art museum-ish place so it would be appropriate. I just thought it'd be different and fun and people wouldn't be expecting that. I might do it just for fun

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I've seen mixed reviews here on this idea here on The Knot, it seems like one that people either love or they hate, no in between. 

So I'd say if you want to get one done, especially with a smaller guest list, go for it.  With having your reception at a museum it seems to fit in perfectly and I myself think it sounds fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards