Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Is it acceptable to give my DJ my bridezilla list?

Essentially, I am wondering if it's ok to give my DJ at list of MUST PLAY songs, DO NOT play songs, and then optional songs. Is this going overboard? Should I just let it be? What do you think?

Re: Is it acceptable to give my DJ my bridezilla list?

• Options
    Sure you can.  I gave my DJ and long list of songs I would like to here, but only 3-4 were actual 'must play'.  The others were more, we like these songs, but if it's not right for the vibe of the crowd you do not have to play them.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    You definitely can and should!  That's their job, they'll probably ask you for a list anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    totally acceptable.
  • Options

Last I checked, pretty much any dj worth his equipment will ask you for one of these lists. It's not a Bridezilla thing to pick your reception music.

It would be a Bridezilla thing if you like had every single "play" song numbered and insisted that the list be played in that specific order.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Agreed with PPs, most DJs should ask you for this anyway.  It is not rude for you to want certain music played and certain music not played at your own wedding.
  • Options
    Any dj worth their salt will ask for each of those lists and discuss them with you before the wedding to find out what genres you like and what you don't.
  • Options
    I think it's acceptable but I also think if the DJ is good at their job, they will be able to read the crowd and needs the freedom to adjust the playlist accordingly to keep the crowd having a good time.  If you are just giving the list as examples of the music you like, then I think that is a good idea.
  • Options
    It sure is!! In the kit we received from our DJ they ask for the info....I wouldn't be surprised if they end up asking you for it.
  • Options

I'm planning on doing the same thing.  Even if the dj doesn't play all the songs on the "like" list, it should give him an idea of what kind of music we like.

• Options
    Yup, I see no problem with that.  Our DJ actually is encouraging us to come up with lists like that.
  • Options
    You can give your DJ those lists, but i've heard plenty of times of people's DJs who played songs on the DO NOT play list many-a-times.
  • Options
    Our DJ had a link on his website where we logged in and set up a play list.  They had categories for must play, play if there is time, and do not play songs.  We didn't specify do not play songs though since we were letting him take requests from our guests.  If our guests wanted to hear it even if we didn't like the song we wanted them to be able to have songs they like to dance to. 
  • Options
    I don't see a problem with it I say go for it. And it isn't being a bridezilla at all.
  • Options
    Absolutely! I think they even welcome it. I know my DJ does!
  • Options
    No! Do it. Also, remember a list if you're wanting "special/specific" dances. LIke, Father/Daughter, Bridal Party, Generations, etc... There are so many!
    http://mrsdanielparsons.weebly.com Can't figure out the HTML stuff ^^ That's my bio!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards