Options

Venue Dilemna

2»

Re: Venue Dilemna

• Options
    luvdelilahluvdelilah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wanted to add something about the NCC - we tried to use the independence ballroom, which uses the same catering company as NCC.  in my personal opinion, they were completely uncooperative and a little rude, especially when I made a few requests (beer and wine only, different desserts besides cake...) they didn't want to budge on their pre-set menu until we told them we were taking our deposit on the venue back THEN they wanted to talk... definitely take a look at other venues in philly - there are so many beautiful options!  (we ended up with the College of Physicians - lots of windows!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BR, I find your pontificating about not judging people when you don't know the whole story kind of rich, based on your recent blog post regarding my religion, and your one friend's experience with it.
    Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DD- one other suggestion to check out, The Downtown Club at 6th and Chestnut. http://www.downtownclub.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "BR, I find your pontificating about not judging people when you don't know the whole story kind of rich, based on your recent blog post regarding my religion, and your one friend's experience with it." Ditto
  • Options
    rumdrinxrumdrinx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hyatt Penns Landing has windowsLoews Hotel has windowsTop of the TowerPyramid Club
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about the Downtown Club. The Marriott on Market
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha wbag, I found you!  So exciting...let's be friends!  I enjoy the drama you've started with what appears to be your first post...NICEEEE, lol.  I'm really excited to find you here haha.  now I can stalk you everywhere!I won't comment on your actual post.  bc I wll do that in email, haha.  :]  welcome to the knot woooo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a dumb person but I got a little confused somewhere. First BR says she sits in a corner by herself, then a few posts down says her FI stands/sits by her side the whole time. Which ne is it?!?!?
  • Options
    dnldjttdnldjtt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if memory serves, and it has been a few years so i apologize if i am having a senior moment about now, but i believe that the people who do CTR are also affiliated with those who run the ballroom at the ben, so if you don't like the lighting at CTR, (have been to work holiday parties there, it is nice but a dark room, you may have better luck at the Ballroom), but my advice is to keep looking, and write down the pros and cons of ALL the places before making a decision. FI and I looked at 15 places before making a decision.  my two cents FWIW    
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    pp is correct - we looked at the tea room and ballroom at the ben, same company, finley catering. with the ballroom they actually provide free uplighting and pinspotting, not at the tea room though. prices are the same at both if i remember correctly, also same menus/stations etc. i almost booked the ballroom myself but didn't like the dingy feel to it.. it felt like a 1960's hotel to me. i prefer modern and open, but thats just my personal taste. it's worth looking into.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your suggestions.  We looked at the ballroom (upon the suggestion of finley catering who does both) but my FI did not like the fake columns at the staircase.  i also did not like the musty smell.  i think both places (ballroom and CTR) could use a major renovation just b/c they're aged.  I get the feeling from the caterers at NCC (max & me) that they don't really want to budge on anything, even beer choices.  i didnt like that.  i will keep on looking and will check out the downtown club.  i already have appointments at 3 places this week!college of physicians.  i considered that.  isnt that where the mutter musem is?  are their exhibits everywhere?  if so, i think that may disturb guests, no?thanks again...
  • Options
    Amy4282Amy4282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DD - Have you looked at Cescaphe?  They are probably booked for Saturdays already, but if you are willing to do a Friday or Saturday then you may be able to get in.  Nothing beats the food and atmosphere there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The hyatt at penn's landing are super nice to work with. I am working with Max and Me for the please touch musuem and they have been very flexible with tons of changes, maybe talk to another rep?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards