Wedding Reception Forum
Options

"Themed" tables?

I was thinking - instead of table numbers - we would "theme" our tables at the reception.  I have two ideas I wanted to bounce around.

The first idea is to use photos of other family members' weddings.  Like our Parents', Grandparents' and Great grandparents' wedding photos.  The only issue with that is that I don't think we have wedding photos from my dad's grandparents because those images would have been lost during WW2 when they emigrated to the US.  It's a sweet way to commemorate where we come from, and honor those not with us.  Even if we don't do that, I'm having the photos up at the wedding.

The second idea is a little more informative.  My fiance is a pilot and I want to include that.  We also LOVE Pixar and Up! is one of our faves.  I wanted to name the tables after different cities we've lived in and visited together, and use the tickets from Up! (the ones you see for a split second in the film) and alter them to say the guests' name and table "destination."  And on the map in the frame include either a photo of us there, or a story of our trip/living there.

what do you think?
Wedding date: September 10, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: "Themed" tables?

• Options
    I like the second idea better. I don't remember that part of the movie, but it sounds like a cute idea.  I would just have the photos that you have from other weddings in your family on display on a table on their own.  That way, people that want to look at them can do so without going around to all the tables, and I think it's also kind of nice to have pictures like that grouped together, rather than split up onto different tables.  
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_themed-tables?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:c097b8f5-1242-436f-85b6-c94d452173b0Post:cf5211b4-1d80-4544-8de1-a8567506b3ab">Re: "Themed" tables?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the second idea better. I don't remember that part of the movie, but it sounds like a cute idea.  I would just have the photos that you have from other weddings in your family on display on a table on their own.  That way, people that want to look at them can do so without going around to all the tables, and I think it's also kind of nice to have pictures like that grouped together, rather than split up onto different tables.  
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]

They're the tickets he buys for himself and Elie... You really don't see them long. I found them while looking at Up! Concept art. :-)

Thanks for the input!
    Wedding date: September 10, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I love the idea with UP and the tickets, but as a planner I'd tell you to simplify it.  You seem to be combing a few different ideas and it may be best to go with one or the other. 

If you are a big UP fan- consider replicating the tickets and then having the designation ( table numbers)  be things associated with the movie. 

if you are considering a travel theme- then I'd recommend choosing location that you have been to, and having the city names be the "table numbers" .  Often times if you get things too complicated your guest might loos the intention.

If you'd like more ideas or to check out photo's take a look at our blog I Do Venues!
    Gloria @ I Do Venues
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards