Wedding Reception Forum
Options

What are some fun ideas for activities at a church hall wedding reception?

I am getting married in May. We are doing all of our photos before the wedding, and getting married in a church at 2, with a reception in the church hall right afterward, it will be punch/finger foods/cake reception. We still plan to do some speeches, the cake cutting and garter/bouquet toss. Does anyone have any other ideas of things that we could do for activities seeing as we will be having no dancing or drinks and it will be early - mid afternoon? Thank you!
"Learn to be what you are, and learn to resign, with good grace, all that you are not." - Henry Frederick Emile

Re: What are some fun ideas for activities at a church hall wedding reception?

• Options
    I really don't think you need to plan anything else.  Usually receptions at the church hall with just finger foods and cake at that time of day will only last about 2 to 2.5 hours.  By the time people eat and socialize and you do the things you do have planned, it will start to wrap up.  I think it sounds just fine as it is!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Treat your guests like the adults they are.  They've been in social situations and know how to mingle, chat, visit, catch up with friends/family they haven't seen in a while, and generally socialize.  So let them do those things.  Games are for childrens' birthday parties.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I saw those weddings Olivia mentioned as well, "Four Weddings", correct? I would make sure to take into consideration what the other brides said. There were a lot of positive comments on the Newlywed Game, but the scavenger hunt had some negative comments. They said it was fun, but that the hunt didn't really fit for a wedding.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I was thinking what I had planned would be enough, but just wanted in put on it!! Im glad to hear of other weddings that went well with the same type of reception, Ive had a lot of funny faces and complaining from people when I mention no dance, but honestly its not in our budget!  We are trying to keep things simple!

"Learn to be what you are, and learn to resign, with good grace, all that you are not." - Henry Frederick Emile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards