Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Table numbers

I am looking for some creative ideas for table numbers or table number signs.  We live in Washington DC so I was thinking of doing the different neighborhoods in DC with a picture of FI in each one.

Ex: Dupont Circle, Georgetown, Logan's Circle etc.

The only thing is that would probably be the only thing related to DC at our wedding.

Good idea or bad?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Table numbers

• Options
    I'd use the monuments and famous buildings instead:  Lincoln Memorial, White House, Basilica, Capitol, Jefferson, Washington monument, Jefferson, etc.  They're quickly recognizable, and you could incorporate the photo and number on the table, and the name on the card.

The reason I'd add the number is because with more than 10 or so tables, it would be easier for your guests to find their table using the number and picture.  Otherwise, you have people trying to find a table wondering if the Smithsonian is closer to The National Cathedral or closer to the WWII monument.

(If you stick to you neighborhood idea, I'd still do the numbers just to make it easier on your guests.)

One of our DDs lives in DC.  It's one of my favorite cities!  GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
      It's a cute idea, but not too practical. I always hate when people use names or places instead of table numbers. It's so hard to find where you're supposed to be sitting! I like PP's idea of using photos with numbers. It's unique, but won't create headaches for your guests.
  • Options
    o0o!!  I really like that idea!!  That makes much more sense!  lol  Everyone will know those as opposed to the neighborhoods!  Thanks so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to help.  I'm looking at my DC calendar and enjoying the beautiful landmarks!

Have fun
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_table-numbers-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:ff77105f-e490-43e2-8fee-d5f4bc287327Post:0123fa4b-e084-4cf4-9684-57dacf7babea">Re: Table numbers</a>:
    [QUOTE]  It's a cute idea, but not too practical. I always hate when people use names or places instead of table numbers. <strong>It's so hard to find where you're supposed to be sitting!</strong> I like PP's idea of using photos with numbers. It's unique, but won't create headaches for your guests.
    Posted by janicejab[/QUOTE]

This is why I made a map of our reception ballroom so that our guests knew what direction to head in when going to their seats. Plus our wedding coordinator stood at the door to help direct people if they needed it. We had no issues with having table names instead of numbers, in fact we got a lot of positive feedback for doing something so creative instead of the same old table numbers.

OP I think you have a great idea! I love DC and I was a political science major in college so I'd love to see that idea and creativity at a wedding. HTH!
  • Options
    As PP's said you could always have the table number and a name...you could have a picture of you and FI in the neighborhood or at a monument holding a number or you could find a number at that place--I was thinking of having photos of numbers around Fenway park as our table numbers-like table 1 has a seat number, table 8 has a picture of one of the retired numbers, etc.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I like the idea, but like one of the posters said, use monuments instead. You could also branch outside DC and do pics of you and your FI and all sorts of locations (sports events, vacations, concerts, etc...) For our tables, since we were going to the Greek Islands for our honeymoon, we named all 13 tables after different greek islands. Then, there was a picture on the table card of that particular island along with it's name. Our wedding was not huge so the tables were easy to find. And our signage was big enough so people didn't have to hunt for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards