Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Cabo vs. Puerto Vallarta (or Cancun)

My fiance and I live in Phoenix and want to go to Mexico for our wedding.  We want to stay at an all inclusive resort and are estimating about 30 guests.  I have never been to anywhere in Mexico besides Rocky Point and just want some opinions!  I have heard that Cancun is nicer but the travel would take a lot longer and it would be more expensive so I don't think it's very practical for our guests.  Between Cabo and Puerto Vallarta which is nicer?

Re: Cabo vs. Puerto Vallarta (or Cancun)

• Options
    I've been to both and pefer PV.  I can still taste the fresh tortillas and chicken from an outside grill we used to go to.  Also, renting a jeep and going up to where they filmed terminator is a blast.  I only have two words for you.  BUG.SPRAY.  Don't forget it. 
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • Options
    I also like Puerto Vallarta better.  I think that Cabo is more of the partyers kind of wedding.  But some brides prefer that better, I know there are some Cabo resorts that are not partyers, but for the most part they are.  I just think Puerto Vallarta is beautiful and you would LOVE IT!

I am in Casa Grande, so we are pretty close to eachother :)  Just thought I would let you know hehe.

Good Luck!
    imageExerciseMilestone Anniversary
  • Options
    I got married at the Dreams Villamagna in PV and loved it! It is absolutely beautiful there and I can't wait to go back. You can see some pics and reviews in my bios in siggy. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We're getting married in PV.  I've never been to PV or Cabo, this year will be my first, but I've gotten a lot of feedback from friends who have been to PV and said it beautiful, they preferred PV more than Cancun or Cabo.  I hear it has more of a resort feel and when you go into the town it still has a traditional sense.
  • Options

I'm getting married in PV too! I've been there a few times, and LOVE it. I haven't been to Cabo though, so I can't compare. Let me know if you have any questions about PV.

Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010
    Planning Bio My Blog
  • Options
    I have been to both and prefer PV much more! We stayed at RIU Palace Pacifico and looooved it.
  • Options
    Im doing PV at Dreams and looking forward to it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards