Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Honeymoon pounds

If you don't mind me asking...Who gained weight on their HM??  I'm curious to what the average weight gain is.

I went to the doctors this morning and I weighed 8 lbs heavier.  I don't think it's a big deal b/c I was small to start and I don't really look any different but this is the most I've ever weighed in my life.  Kind of made me realize that I can't eat and drink anything I want anymore.  I'm glad to be back to my normal diet now.
Photobucket

Re: Honeymoon pounds

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I gained about 10 on the honeymoon itself and close to another 10 after.   I am currently however working to get those off...   I did lose about 10 prior to the wedding though, so I figure it kind of evens itself out a little.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First of all, I think it is completely not possible to gain that much weight in a week or so. I think even a doctor will tell you that.

Stacy, STFU with  your skinny bum. :)   I say that in the nicest most loving way possible.
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ha, I was just asking.  I said I'm not worried about it geesh!  It's true though.  This was over the course of 2 weeks.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm ;)  Ok well I will gain about 50 lbs then haha.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you'll be beautiful no matter what ;)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I lost a few pounds. But don't worry, I gained it all plus some afterwards. I'm about 10 lb's heavier then my wedding weight, about 15 lbs heavier then my b-pic weight.
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gained 5 lbs and my honeymoon was 9 days. I still have those 5 lbs. :/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In the six or so months post wedding, i'm up 20 :-( time to get cracking tho ... doing b-pics in the spring.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since the wedding I'm up about 10 lbs ... and that was close to 2 months ago. I really need to get off of my lazy bum and workout and eat healthy, haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Between wedding day morning and the first full day of the honeymoon, I actually LOST a pound.  Then I promptly gained 8 pounds.   Pretty quickly after coming home, I lost a few, then after another few weeks, lost a few more, so I'm currently up about 3-4 pounds from wedding day weight.

I wouldn't worry.  I think my body freaked out from a sudden reintroduction of alcohol and sodium, and a sudden drop in exercise.  You'll even out and probably drop a few pretty quickly.  I'm cool hanging onto a few extra happy pounds.  It was too hard to maintain wedding weight.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So it sounds like the average married girl weight gain is approx 10 lbs of "happy weight" ;)
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I lost 6 lbs for the wedding, and I have put them back on since the wedding.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't lose any weight for the wedding.  Just maintained my normal weight.  Then the buffets and meals when you want them began the second we got to Sandals. Not to mention the flowing rum drinks!  I must admit, the lbs were worth it.  I think Ill get back on track now that I'm home.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_honeymoon-pounds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:1381e124-50cd-4984-8d20-29a675c03b15Post:0b1d2ef9-7acb-4f57-add7-eb71c936f27c">Re: Honeymoon pounds</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't lose any weight for the wedding.  Just maintained my normal weight.  Then the buffets and meals when you want them began the second we got to Sandals. Not to mention the flowing rum drinks!  I<strong> must admit, the lbs were worth it.</strong>  I think Ill get back on track now that I'm home.
    Posted by Stacylynn702[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this! I don't regularly weigh myself, but I would say I probably gained 5 lbs on the Honeymoon. And I am probably 5-10 over my wedding weight at this point. I had lost 5-10 before the wedding so I am about the same as before.

I ALSO have BPics this spring, though, so I am going to try my darndest to get back to my wedding weight/tone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't weigh myself regularly either, just at the docs and when I play wii fit, which is only a few times a month.  There could be other reasons for my weight gain ie stress, TOM....I am just curious of the norm.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how much I gained on my HM specifically, but 6 months post-wedding, I'm up 10 lbs.  Boo.
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards