Destination Weddings Discussions

Help me decide !

Happy Easter DW Knottie ladies =)
I have a question for everyone...like usual ! I have been looking for the perfect AHR dress for like 3 months now and have not found anything that I LOVE. After spending Easter with my two families (mine & FI) I have learned that they really want me to wear my wedding dress. I have never really thought of doing this as it is more of a "party" then a "reception". But now I am thinking maybe I should because the dress is a little more casual then your typical wedding dress. I was also thinking of maybe getting it hemmed and making it a fun short cocktail dress...but then I am sad that it will not be the same! What do you guys think?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Help me decide !

• HappyMaddieHappyMaddie member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Can you post a pic of your dress? Might help us decide! How big is your AHR? Is it casual?
    Planning Bio updated April 16, 2012 Just Married!
  • Here is the dress:

Our AHR is similar to a cocktail party. It is at 730pm with buffets/food stations, open bar, dancing. We are going to be announced and do a first dance & cake cutting.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know a lot of people say don't wear your wedding dress to the AHR cos it's not your wedding, but I'd wear mine, I think, if we were doing one.  You've paid (usually) a lot for it, and it's your dress, so who really gets to tell you what to wear.  Also, I think a lot of people who couldn't make the wedding might want to see it on you.  

• I've been saying the whole time that you should wear your wedding to the ahr! Ppl want to see you in it that aren't able to go to the wedding and you won't have to spend more money to buy another dress.
  • I agree! You should definitely wear it to your AHR since you get more use of it, and people who weren't able to go to the wedding can see you in it. Brea did the same, wore her wedding dress to her AHR, then afterwards had it hemmed so it ended up being like a cocktail dress! Very cute, and something I am thinking of doing. I would do the same if I were to have an AHR--rewear my dress...
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I would def wear it to the party! I dont think you even need to get it hemmed! Everyone would def want to see you in it so personally I would wear it like it is Then if you want to hem it later you can!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • I agree with everyone. I think you should wear the wedding dress to the AHR (very pretty dress by the way). I originally was going to have a second dress for the AHR but in the end I love my dress so much I want to wear it again. Plus as the others have said, it saves you $$, and lets people who weren't at the wedding see the dress.

• I agree with everyone else!  you should wear your dress for the AHR as is.  No need to shorten it.  It's a great dress and since it's not a big poofy dress I'm sure it will be comfortable to wear for the AHR as well.
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • DEF wear it!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am a 2 dress bride for the DW itself, my Mom's dress for the ceremony and a reception dress after because I was too paranoid about ruining my mother's dress at the reception lol I will be wearing my reception dress to the AHR.
  • Wear it, wear it, wear it!!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • It's gorgeous!! Definitely wear it to the AHR!! I'm not wearing mine only because our AHR is nothing big, just a backyard BBQ at my parents. You can see it in my bio. I don't think I would feel comfortable wearing it to a BBQ! If we were having a cocktail party I would for sure!
    Planning Bio updated April 16, 2012 Just Married!
  • edited April 2012

Wow I cannot believe so many people say wear it ! I may just have to do that !!! Yes our AHR is at an event space and will be catered. It is downtown very "urban" feel with exposed brick. Because most of these people were not invited to the wedding we originally just wanted it to be a party and celebration of our recent wedding. So this was the reason I opted out of wearing the wedding dress...but I am seriously having second thoughts !

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would wear mine again if that is the type of AHR you are having. If your wedding dress fits the theme of your AHR get another wear out of your dress. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've yet to decide on this as well..... I kinda feel like it's cheating to get to wear it twice; but I almost might be convinced with all the positive replies to OP!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards