California-Northern
Options

Ahhhh! What to do???

So, this isn't a HUGE deal, but it has made me stop in my tracks for a moment.

I have been to Taber Ranch two times in my quest for a venue. I LOVE it there. It is so unique and gorgeous AND you get two red convertables included! :) The ONLY thing holding me back from going gung ho about it is the location. It is an hour away from my house, which means if guests don't want to drive back afterwards they would have to pay for a room. ($179/night) If we go with Taber Ranch it is the lowest for the over all wedding price by thousands of dollars (We live in Napa, so everything right around home is super pricey)

Today I received an email with a proposal from Chardonnay Golf Club. (Almost a month after I first inquired) It was al ittle high so I emailed the lady back saying it was out of price range but thank you anyway. She emailed me back 45 mins later with a new proposal and cut almost everything by 50%! At these rates it will be somwhat comparable with Taber Ranch now. Maybe just one thousand more. (Not quite sure on the numbers, all my notes are on my computer at work.) My finace is a huge golf fan and Chardonnay is in town so no one would have to get a room.  The only thing I don't want is a 'cookie cutter' reception and I would probably have thank at Chardonnay since it is a hall location and they have preferred vendors, I can't shose who I want. At Taber Ranch their is a barn location for the reception and it is fabulous and I get to bring in whoever I chose for vendors.

I don't know if I should just get Chardonnay off my mind and don't even look at it. Or if I should go look at it so I won't be thinking 'what if?'

So....if you were in my shoes....what would you do?

Re: Ahhhh! What to do???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I say go look at Chardonnay so then if you end up chosing the Ranch then the other venue isn't going to be on your mind.  However, I have more of a "I know when I see it" motto.  I looked at about 8 venues then the last venue we walked into and I just knew that is was it, before we even started our appt or had a tour.  I'm not saying that you'll have a similar story, but if you look at both it might ease your mind when you make your final decision.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Other than that - I am a fan of touring anything and everything. You never know what you might fall in love with once you get there.

I would just have a chat with someone about the time frame issue, definitely check them out on yelp or anywhere that has reviews before you book.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Go check out Chardonnay one more time with your FI. At least this time you know you can afford it and your guests probably won't have to spend a night somewhere. At least check it out, make a pros and cons list and you and your FI should decide. Good luck and have fun!
    "All adventurous women do."-GIRLS
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look at it.

But it sounds like you lover Taber Ranch. So I think you should do it there. With all the money you're saving could you rent a little party bus or something to take your guests back to town if they don't want to drive....if it's in your budget of course.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Kay! You just gave me the best idea! Taber Ranch has a small bus and 2 red convertables they use to transport guests from lot parking to the ceremony and reception location (or its a 3 min walk) But where my guests will stay is only 3 miles away. Maybe if I pay extra, Taber Ranch would allow the bus to take guests back!  It's always worth a shot to ask. Worst they could say is no.  :)
    Thank you so much!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    And, yes I think I will make an appt to see Chardonnay, just so it is off my mind! :) Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards