Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Bridal Salons/Dress Shops

Can anyone recommend bridal salons or dress shops in or around the Philadelphia area? I really have no idea where to start, aside from maybe David's Bridal.

Any suggestions/recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Bridal Salons/Dress Shops

• I bought my dress at Bridal and Tuxedo Shoppe. Everyone was super nice, and I didn't have to pay sales tax, which was a huge plus. (It's in Delaware, but only about a half hour, 45 minutes from Philly.) 
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I liked Demetrios in Cherry Hill. It's inside Macy's in the Cherry Hill Mall. Make sure, you browse their collection online first, then show them which you would like to try on.

DON'T go to Alfred Angelo in Cherry Hill. They are rude and don't care about customers. I would avoid that one at all costs.
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I got my dress at L&H Bridal in Philly. Great customer service, really friendly and helpful. I'd recommend that you do NOT go to Lizelle's Bridal in Havertown. I got my bridesmaids' dresses there and they were a nightmare to deal with. 
    Anniversary
  • I had a great time at Coronets in Feasterville! My counsultant was a lot of fun, and she's the one who ended up pulling the dress I fell in love with! :) They have a lot of dresses to pick from. I've also purchased 2 bridesmaid dresses from them and they've always been great to deal with.

I also had a good experience at Irma's in Cherry Hill, and the David's Bridal in Plymouth Meeting.
  • I agree with LorLor, L & H Bridal is great. The owner, Lucy, is like the wedding gown whisperer. I came in with lots of pics of dresses and explained what I wanted. Lucy pulled the dresses I had pics of but also some she thought would flatter me. Her top pick turned out to be my perfect dress!

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bridal-salonsdress-shops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:30ccc6ba-4477-4aa4-b840-73a034814b72Post:f5f90069-9ee7-4b44-ae29-65fef09f23e3">Re: Bridal Salons/Dress Shops</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with LorLor, L & H Bridal is great. The owner, Lucy, is like the wedding gown whisperer. I came in with lots of pics of dresses and explained what I wanted. Lucy pulled the dresses I had pics of but also some she thought would flatter me. Her top pick turned out to be my perfect dress!
    Posted by SharEtoBe[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>haha, I pretty much had the same experience with her. She's great. </div>
    Anniversary
  • Coronet bridal is wonderful, I got my dress there and all my girls dresses there along with every bridesmaid dress I have ever had to buy.  They are great!  Request Tara or Jess although I have never had a problem with anyone!
  • Hmm..  I went to a ton, so here's what I can share!

Bridal Garden in Marlton, NJ - great.  I'm getting my bridesmaid dresses there.

Demetrio's inside Macy's in Cherry Hill, NJ - ask for Else - she was by far the best bridal salon attendant i experienced in about a dozen shops.  best accessories guidance, not pushy, spent a few hours with me on a weekday morning.  she used to work at bridal garden but then moved, so she knows what she's doing but is in a relaxed setting.

Wedding Shoppe in Wayne, PA - didn't ask me for my budget!  I ended up trying on dresses double or triple my budget.  If you have $5-6k+ to spend on a dress, however...totally AMAZING dresses.  thank god I didn't fall in love with one.

Van Cleve Wedding Pavilion - very nice, great with follow through too

I also went to Exquisite Bride in Princeton -- a bit further away, depending on where in philly you're coming from -- but i had a great experience there too.  the majority of their dresses were a little beyond my budget, but they had some.  and plenty of sample dresses for me to try on.

Hope this helps!

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards