October 2012 Weddings

Workin on my vows...

I'm not really sure how long they should be, or how long is too long.... I can't seem to get mine under 2 minutes though. How long are yours?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workin on my vows...

• Mine are pretty short. Two short paragraphs. To read them out loud took less than a minute.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited October 2012
    Mine are prety short as well... about 30 seconds...but I kept it short

I, Melissa, take you Thomas to be my husband, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our friendship and love you today, tomorrow and forever. I will laugh with you and cry with you. I promise to love you faithfully through the best and worst of times. I will always be there no matter what happens. As I have given you my hand to hold, so I give you my life to keep.

• A minute's a guess; ours are short.

(Most of this is a combination of other sources.)

(Other person’s name), today I take you to be my husband/wife. I promise to love you, respect you, care for you, grow with you, to make you laugh, and keep you. I promise you this through good times and hard times, as your friend, companion, and partner, giving all that I can to fulfill our lives together. I promise you this today for all of our tomorrows; this promise is made in love, and kept in faith.
    Anniversary
  • I'm no help. We didn't write ours...we went with traditional vows. They are a little different than the I ____ take you _____ to be my lawfully wedded _____... Instead ours say ______, I receive you as my _______ I promise to love you as God loves the Church ....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards