October 2012 Weddings
Options

addressing invites

Are you all using your at home printer to print directly on the envelope, using labels or hand writing the names and addresses of your guests on the envelopes?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: addressing invites

• Options
    We used the printer...it worked fine
    for siggy
  • Options
    I used a printer with fancier writing printed in gray, and then traced over with a fine tip sharpie.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We're sending them through the printer.  We did this with our STDs and they came out great!

I'd love to handwrite, but my cursive handwriting is terrible.  A calligrapher is not in the budget.

I really hate the look of labels, I feel like it cheapens the look of the invitation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The company that did the invites charged $1 extra per invite to print both the RSVP envelopes with our address and do the main envelop with th guest name/address and our return address. It was worth it to me not to handwrite them or fight with my own pritner and cheaper then the cost of calligraphy.

Anniversary
  • Options
    If we get a printer before the wedding then I might do the above.  Otherwise, I am going to try my hand with the caligraphy pen....

• Options
    We are running them through the printer as well.  I already have the document created, but I'm nervous to print them so soon.  I'll probably wait one more month or so to do them.

As for the rsvp, I had stamp made with our first names and address.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    The place that did our invites printed our return address on the RSVP's for a small fee, and I'm putting the invites through our laser, they look really good! I have terrible handwriting and calligraphy isn't in the budget.
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    There was a poll on  this the other day I think if your looking for more answers
  • Options
    We are running them through the printer.  My handwriting's not great, and there are so many nice cursive fonts now, I didn't really see a problem.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Options
    We did wrap around labels through the printer at home. They were a total PITA but glad they're done!
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options

Our replies have our name printed already from when we ordered them, but when we're sending out the envelope with our invites/replies we're doing them with a clear label. It's super easy to do and you can change the font to make it more cursive or fanicer writting with the names and it only costed $7 for all of the labels we needed. Can't go wrong and they look great!!

• Options
    I am writing them by hand but we only have less than 40
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I tried putting them through my printer but I guess my printer is cheap and the envelopes kept getting stuck! I'm so upset and don't know what to do. I also don't like the look of the labels. My cousin did a clear label. I was thinking of maybe doing that. I just really wanted to print the names on the envelope themselves. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I did clear labels and they look great! I've recieved invites quite a few times in the past and they had our names on with a clear label and I thought they looked nice! I can totally understand not liking white labels but clear labels look just fine! Plus you can change the font to make it a little fancier too if you like. It's very cheap and fast to do!
  • Options
    Writing them by hand!  but I AM enlisting the help of my bridesmaids.  They offered to come help, and we are having wine and appetizers at the same time, then heading out to go to Magic Mike after.  Our return address is already on the back of the envelope, and the RSVP's are postcards, so they don't need addresses written on them (ours already is!)
    458 Invited image
    300 Yes image
    78 No image
    80 Are making my stalk mailbox image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards