October 2012 Weddings

QOTD 7/31

2»

Re: QOTD 7/31

• Well... we had a scare at 5 months to go, so at least 2 months isn't AS bad... I think i'd freak out and FI would be happy.  He really wants to start having kids soon, and I want to be more settled with his job and finances.  We would get through it as always...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • I would probably cry at first, but I would be happy!  We want kids, but maybe not for a year.  I would be bummed not to have a few drinks at the wedding though!

• I would be very shocked and VERY stressed out. I do not plan on having children, but we are in a place where if we were to have a baby we would be able to raise it in a happy healthy environment, so there would be a LOT of discussion between FI and I about what we wanted to do.
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd be really surprised and then just blissfully happy! FI and I want kids soon...we're just waiting until after the honeymoon and assessing finances then.

Like PP said, I'd more concerned about my dress not fitting and not being able to have a glass of champagne at the wedding!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would cry. We are just not ready, at this point and time, to have kids. We want them...but not for a few years.
    weddingpic
  • I would be really ticked. I am sure I would come around, but I'd have some explaining to do. I have been on depo for a while, FI had a vasectomy a few years ago. I am 38 and threatening the boys (We both have adult sons 19 and 18) NOT to make me a Grandmother (yet). I threaten our 12 yr olds too, but am meaner about it with the oldest two!

Once I adjusted to the idea, and FI took a paternity test LOL - I am sure I would be happy. I am sure HE would be THRILLED.
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • I'm not ready to be a mom, fi on the other hand is ready to be a dad, he cant wait. He would be estatic, I would be shocked. Right now we arent in a good place to start a family both financially and living situation wise. FI is a truck driver and only home once a week or every two weeks so it would be like I was a single mom and it wouldnt be a partnership which I told him I wanted. I know if I end up having to take care of the child on my own I will grow to resent him and that wont be good for our relationship. He wants to find a local job but in our area its hard to find one that wont require him to take a major pay cut  and he already doesnt make much as it is after adding up living expenses on the road.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would be surprised and probably cry at first (i'm an emotional person), and then be very happy!  I think FI would be shocked at first and then happy.
    62198_4988882445003_1730453872_n
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards