DC
Options

Jewelers that work with palladium?

Does anyone have recommendations of jewelers in DC that will resize palladium rings? My palladium engagement ring is a bit snug, and I have been lazy about getting it resized. (If you’re not familiar with palladium, many jewelers don’t work with it and thus don’t resize palladium rings.) It was purchased from an online retailer that does not do resizing.  I’m especially looking to go somewhere that is in DC itself and that is Metro accessible. Thanks!

Re: Jewelers that work with palladium?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would be willing to guess that Bella Diamonds in Gainesville, VA actually will work with them.  I know that they sell palladium rings, and their jeweler is great.  He comes into the shop only on Sundays, so if you don't want to be without your ring, I would go on Sunday around 1:00 or 2:00. 

ETA: I know it's not metro accessible, but maybe you could try giving them a call before going out if you can't find someplace closer.
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aspen Jewelers in Herndon made my palladium wedding band and were going to resize my palladium e-ring before I decided I didn't want it resized after all.  Obviously not metro accessible, though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker

VOTE on my Name List

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I have a car so I can drive into the ‘burbs if necessary. I just thought that getting a ring resized was one wedding-related thing that I could actually accomplish in DC and without having to drive, unlike so many other wedding-related things (such as buying a dress and getting alterations without paying an arm and a leg...)
  • Options
    calattcalatt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got our wedding bands at Quest Jewelry in Fairfax, VA. My FI's is Palladium so I would be willing to guess that they resize Palladium.  They are wonderful!!  I can't say enough good things about them.  Againt not metro accessible but possibly a little closer...
  • Options
    Kitcat106Kitcat106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my palladium wedding band from igorman Jewelers in DC. I didn't need to have it resized (the demo model fit perfectly!), but I'd try them. They have excellent customer service!
  • Options
    flip4emflip4em member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got my husbands band at Dominion Jewelers in falls church. It was palladium so maybe they can resize yours? Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mervis - several locations
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again for everyone who responded. FYI for anyone else who reads this, I Gorman and Mervis both told me that they don't resize palladium.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards