Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

AW - Help me choose a dress!

Ok ladies (and gentlemen, if Brood is around!) I'm pretty torn between two dresses and I'm getting mixed opinions form friends and families, so I thought I'd ask here. They're all Maggie Sottero, they're all similiarly priced and I love them all.

Ambrosia - I fell in love with this dress online like two years ago and it definitely lives up to it's hype!

Lillith - I also love, love, love her. She's so unique and I love the sweetheart neckline. My boobs look great in this dress when it's clipped well up top. I actually think this dress looks better in person than in photos.

Sabelle - This is the dress I fell in love with the first time I went shopping, although I think I like both the other dresses better. I'm not sure though, so I figured I'd post it.

So what does everyone think? I'd really like to order by next week!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: AW - Help me choose a dress!

• Options
    TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    You look beautiful in all of them! If I had to pick one, I would go with the second. I loveee it!
  • Options
    I agree with Teep...tough decision...all three look GREAT on you! I think I like the second one the most too :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    they are all beautiful and you look great in all of them! but personally i think the first one looks the best!
  • Options
    I like #2 the best!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Number 1!!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options

My vote's number 1!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-help-me-choose-a-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:3e266f44-8bea-4e50-8b3f-8197204b48b3Post:a513d39d-8e7c-4fb1-aca4-ff10c9fb7274">AW - Help me choose a dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok ladies (and gentlemen, if Brood is around!)[/QUOTE]

Of course I'm around!  And I'd be glad to throw in my opinion.  But fair warning, I know absolutely nothing about wedding dress fashion so I don't know how objective my opinion will be.  I'll just give you the straight up guy's opinion.

First, you look great in all three dresses.  None of them seem to fall outside of what I would consider a "nice" wedding dresses.  Some of the one's my fiance has shown me from some high fashion bridal magazines just look terrible.  All the models look so pissed off too...  I mean, come on, aren't you supposed to be looking happy instead of all smoky-eyed staring off curiously into nothing?!  Anyway, here are my thoughts. 

I think all three would work and it really depends on what your preference is and what you're going for.  I personally like #1 the best.  I know my fiance is looking for something similar and I like the look (strapless, some kind of bling, "layered" dress bottom...forgive my lack of knowing terms).  I think she's also leaning towards an asymmetrical line as well. 

To me, the first dress is a good combination of elegant yet interesting.  Maybe it's the different materials.  The second dress looks to be the most "fun," and the third seems to be the most "traditional" of the three.  Vote: #1
  • Options
    My vote is #1, but you do look great in all of them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like #1 and #2... i would say: which one suits your personality and venue better? If you're going for a more elegant venue, then i would say: #1
    If it's a more laid back and fun venue, then I would say: #2

But all three are beautiful! I dont think, you can go wrong with either. :)
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    #1 is my favorite, by far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like 1 as well... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just can't decide... I love 1 and 2... and my venue is non traditional and more modern so 2 would probably really fit... but 1 is so gorgeous that it would probably look good too. Ahh, I have no idea! Haha, thanks for the opinions! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Honestly, now that I think about your venue, #2 probably "goes" better.

However, just think that you're going to have to look back on the photos in 50 years and you want to make sure you say "Wow, that dress was SO me" not "That dress really fit my venue" - just something to think about! My dress is a bit fashion-forward for me (I'm more preppy) but I just loved it and I know that I'll look back and think it was "me" even though it was a bold choice.

Go try them on again this weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_aw-help-me-choose-a-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:3e266f44-8bea-4e50-8b3f-8197204b48b3Post:6ac03f57-1995-4ee1-b997-10db02fc4e93">Re: AW - Help me choose a dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, now that I think about your venue, #2 probably "goes" better. However, just think that you're going to have to look back on the photos in 50 years and you want to make sure you say "Wow, that dress was SO me" not "That dress really fit my venue" - just something to think about! My dress is a bit fashion-forward for me (I'm more preppy) but I just loved it and I know that I'll look back and think it was "me" even though it was a bold choice. Go try them on again this weekend!
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

They're both totally me... Lillith is a reflection of how I currently dress... Ambrosia is a reflection of how I'd dress if I had more money and classier places to go, haha. I don't know if I'll have time to go this weekend but I'm hoping to go during the week with a friend or two. Unfortunately, the place is all the way in Newark, so a good 45 minutes to an hour away, depending on traffic. I'm putting more miles on my new car going dress shopping than anything else!

I described the basic shapes of the dresses to FI without giving any details and he thinks he'd like the #1 (athough he'd love the cleavage of #2!)... but that's still not enough to sway me either way.
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards