DC

Hair/MU person that comes to you?

I tried to book Ashely with Updo's for I do's but she's booked for the afternoon and I don't want to have to be ready by 11am (our ceremony isn't until 5 pm).

Does anyone have any other recc's for someone that will come to our hotel and do both?

Her prices were $60 for hair/MU trial and then $275 for both day of, and $80 for hair for BM and $70 for MU for them.  I'd like to keep it to this price (or cheaper!) since that's what I'd already told the girls.

TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hair/MU person that comes to you?

• armlb81armlb81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used two seperate people, but the prices came out similar. I highly recommend both:

m/u Ana Merces - trial was $70, but if you book her, she puts half that toward your day-of cost. I paid $145 for day-of, and had one BM get m/u done, which was $75. If you have more than 3 bms get theirs done the price for yours and theirs goes down.

hair - Julie Jackson. I paid $80 for trial, $85 for day-of and BM's paid $75 each for day-of.

These prices were from quotes almost a year ago, so they might be slighly different now, but it should give you a good idea.
  • edited December 2011
    I booked Terri (Face by Terri) for $90 for both hair and make up if you have 4 other girls doing both.  it's $110 if you do'nt have at least 4 other girls.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Nena's Special Occasions Hair and Make-Up.  She was willing to come to our location (even though there were only two of us), and did a great job.  (See picture of my wife's hair, below.)  She charged $40 per person for hair, and $20 per person for make-up, and did a free trial.

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Perry Warren for both hair and makeup.  He has great reviews and is super nice (I went to him for regular haircut). 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Deni_starzDeni_starz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I 2nd the idea of having separate hair and MU people. It just makes scheduling SO much easier and I also think it ends up being around the same price if you book the right people.
    Did you try Aisha from Picture Perfect Makeup? I found her from recs on this board and she is giving us a really good group rate for on-location services.  I didn't even have to pay up front for the trial run!

For hair, I am using my cousin from out of town since she is a hairstylist, but before she committed to doing that I researched Thania from Tru Beauty and hair by Giselle, both had awesome work on their sites!

Good luck!
  • psmith1216psmith1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Carla Pressley - she does both and comes to you.  Not sure of her 2010 prices but her 2009 prices were $200 for the brides hair/mu, $75 for the trial, $75 for bm/mom hair and $75 for mu. 

GL!
  • RWatersRWaters member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great reccos everyone, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards