DC

dcknottiereview

hey ladies... i just did a random test of the website and noticed the links for people's bios were no longer working! My apologies, I tend to forget about that site, and the knot randomly changes how to link to people's bios, so I have to constantly monitor that to make the changes in the website code.

ANYWAY... they should all be working now! Please feel free to page me on thenest.com dc board if you ever have any problems, and I'd be happy to take a look at it.

www.dcknottiereview.com
carrie ~ me-at-carrie.cc ~ 4/21/2007
* blog * first baby blog * baby 2.0 blog * twitter *

IMG_0578

Re: dcknottiereview

• edited December 2011
    I take that back. It looks like ladies who had their wedding in 2007-ish or earlier (with the old knot bios) will work... but they have done something funky to bios now. Looks like there is no easy way to customize them like you used to (now you just use their templates). I'll see if I can find a way to link to those "new" bios... but for now at least you can still see *most* of the bios on there, for recommendations.

I'll try and give an update if I can find time to work on it over the next few days!
    carrie ~ me-at-carrie.cc ~ 4/21/2007
    * blog * first baby blog * baby 2.0 blog * twitter *

IMG_0578

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, the link from mine goes to:

http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=2dBride

However, the actual link to my Knot bio is:

http://www.theknot.com/profiles/2dBride/myknot/myBio/Index

Also, I don't know if there is any easy way to just allow brides to put in their own links.  A lot of us find the Knot's bio builder a major nuisance with limited flexibility to do what we want to do, and thus use other sites (Google sites, Weebly, etc.) for our bios.  With the old bio format, I was able to put a conspicuous link at the top of my Knot bio to where my Google sites bio was.  With the new format, I've had to stick that link under "My Proposal" in order to give it any visibility at all.

I know that this is a major pain for you.  I just remember the dcknottiereview being such a big help in my planning, I hope there is some way to rescue it for the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards