Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Bridesmaid Drama

Hey ladies,

I need help on what to do. One of my best friends from college is one of my 8 bridesmaids and right now she is being "that" bridesmaid. Long story short, I told everyone to have their measurements to me for their dresses or to come with me on May 20th to order the dress and pay at the sametime since we all have to order together. Well, she said first, that the dresses cost to much $160 (so not too too much) but she gave me grief about that.  Yesterday I  recieved a email from the dress store saying I have a coupon for $15 off each dress if I get them by May 15th. Well of course I am going to save my girls money so I said change of plans and I need mearsurments or you can join us to try on, May 13th.  She texts and says she is so confused and I need to stop changing dates and that I need to calm down. The only reason I changed dates is for a $15 off discount. I asked her what she would like to do and if she can make it on May 13th to try on and now she not replying back to me.

What would you do? I love her so much and she is wonderful but right now she is adding a lot of added stress over dresses and it is not a big deal to stress out about. My wedding is September 22 so we do need dresses soon though

Re: Bridesmaid Drama

• Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    That sounds like a tough situation. Honestly, it sounds like you are making things really easy for them, and additionally trying to save them money and she's got attitude. It is definitely within the time frame where you should be ordering dresses, so I don't get her condescending "calm down" message to you. It's not like your wedding is a year and a half from now (like mine, haha!). 

I'd try and either call her, or write to her that you know you've changed the date, but it is in order to save them money. If she can't come, that's okay! Life happens, she's not required to be at every single thing, but could she please give you her measurements so that you can order her a dress. 

This doesn't sound all that helpful b/c it actually appears that you are doing all this. You are communicating with her, and it doesn't sound like you're being demanding. She sounds like she's being a little snot, and I know you said she's great and you love her, but she's not acting like it right now. The only thing is to talk to her. See if there's something going on with her personally that's making her moody? Definitely ask about her and see where her head's at. Hopefully she will become the great person she was, and this is just a short, temporary phase! Good luck!
  • Options
    $160 does seem like a rather high amount for a BM dress, but not unreasonable. Did you not consult with all of your girls on the price of the dress before you selected it?

The only advice I can give you at this point is to either A.) pay for the dress and have her pay you back or b.) have her order the dress on her own. If the dress does not come in in time then she is no longer a BM.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_bridesmaid-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:46b8f903-e9c2-4f80-bd69-50325038eedePost:a6ac5bc8-1cb9-4085-b9ed-607bafaa43e0">Re: Bridesmaid Drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]$160 does seem like a rather high amount for a BM dress, but not unreasonable. Did you not consult with all of your girls on the price of the dress before you selected it? The only advice I can give you at this point is to either A.) pay for the dress and have her pay you back or b.) have her order the dress on her own. If the dress does not come in in time then she is no longer a BM.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

THIS. I am having a similar issue, and with people like this you just have to be firm...but still nice.
  • Options
    laurapslauraps member
    First Comment
    Thanks for the help ladies. I tried to call her last night to talk about it but she is not answering my calls. I am trying to be nice and will be but it is hard to make 8 girls happy. And I am getting them $15 off so the dress is now down to $145 but now she is saying that we have to order to early because we have to order by next week to get that price. The wedding is 143 days away I do not think this is to early. Right? Thanks ladies! Happy wedding planning!
  • Options
    I think you have been very reasonable and clam, just take the girls you do have and if she still wants to be apart of the wedding let her order her dress when she is ready.Just leave her a message since she is not answering your calls and have fun Smile. You will never be able to make everyone happy. My dresses will take about 2 months so you have time but I had to politely remove 2 of my bridesmaids b/c they never respond to text, emails, or phone calls.  
  • Options
    I think you have been very reasonable and clam, just take the girls you do have and if she still wants to be apart of the wedding let her order her dress when she is ready.Just leave her a message since she is not answering your calls and have fun Smile. You will never be able to make everyone happy. My dresses will take about 2 months so you have time but I had to politely remove 2 of my bridesmaids b/c they never respond to text, emails, or phone calls.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards