Georgia-Atlanta

Out of town Knottie Needs Help!!

Good Evening fellow Knotties,
I am writing to you from Sunny Seattle, WA (LOL) this past week my FI and I decided to move our February 12, 2012 Wedding to the Atlanta area because I grew up there and my family is still there & our friends were basically too cheap (mild vent lol) to come all the way to Seattle for our Wedding. We were already planning a very intimate affair for about 30 people here we have decided that our Wedding Day would not be complete without them so we are bringing the Wedding to them and expanding the guest list to around 50 guests. 
Our overall budget is around $4,000-5,000 because we are in the process of building a non-profit organization in South America and all of our money is devoted to that.

So we are looking for a venue...  I have looked at Shamrock Community Use (Clayton County Water Building) online and I love their rates. Any reviews? I am a planner by hobby so all of the minor detais won't be a problem.
I also saw the Solarium but was confused by the layout (hard to get a clear picture from the internet). Reviews?
Any other venue ideas that we can hold ceremony & reception?

We are also in need of a caterer... Since the majority of the places we are interested in allow outside catering (we love that anyway) we want a caterer with fabulous food at affordable prices

If we decide to go with shamrock or the solarium we will need a decorator the does Draping to "jazz" the place up a bit

Any other reviews or suggestions on Rentals (chivari chairs, linens, etc.), Photographers, Get away car, etc. would be greatly appreciated

Thanks so much in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Out of town Knottie Needs Help!!

• edited December 2011
    Yikes - I'm no help, but I hope you can find something in your budget. 

As far as catering, you might want to specify for what, exactly? Cake? Plated dinner? Buffet dinner? Hors d'oeuvres? etc.

Ironically, my fiancé and I are looking at Sea-Tac as one of our relocation areas.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Roswell River Landing- that's where FI and I are getting married, and it's very affordable.  Also, try some good southern catering!  It's fun and affordable (IMO).  We're actually using Shane's Rib Shack as our caterer and have been super happy with them this far.  There was actually a wedding featured in The Knot magazine at Roswell River Landing with BBQ catering.  It was green and yellow; you should be able to search for it on here!  HTH!  Good luck!
    Can't wait to marry my man! October 28, 2011
  • atomicphotoatomicphoto member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I might be able to assist with photography. Send me a PM and we'll talk.
  • Sapphire1002Sapphire1002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Mansell House as well in Alpharetta..
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,

Congratulation on  your upcoming event.  Please contact tpatel2029@gmail.com for any chair covers, or table covers, centerpieces etc.  They have best prices

Thanks
  • BekkersBekkers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can tell you who NOT  use.... I hired Chris Brock for my photos, and he literally didn't even show up. We contracted him to come, with him and an assistant. We confirmed with him 2 days before that HE would personally be there. He sent two assistants instead and we have not been able to get in touch with him since. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jnicolemajorsjnicolemajors member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're near Fayette County at all, try Your Host Rentals for any rental needs.  They have an awesome selection.  I was just in there today to look at some stuff for my October wedding.  The lady in charge (I think her name was Leslie) was super nice and accomodating.  If you're getting married in Clayton Co, depending on what part they'll probably deliver.  they're not far off of Highway 54. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards