Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Budget Venue

Hello Brides!
I found what I think to be a great venue and wanted to share it with the rest of my Knotties on a budget in Atlanta.

It's Nash Farm in Henry County - Hampton, Georgia.  Since it's owned by the parks and rec department, rental rates are AH-mazing.  I am paying a grand total of $700 - ($300 is refundable) for tables and chairs at their barn and 100 extra chairs to use for the ceremony at their gazebo.  If you are looking for a rustic wedding venue that is simple - look no further!  (Breakdown:  $300 to rent, $300 cleaning fee you get back, $100 for white chairs)

You get the $300 back if you follow their rules - which are common place in the industry from what I've seen.  No tape on the walls, etc.  

Went today and fell in love!  You can do very little and leave it simple, or dress is up with all that money you are saving.  

You can bring in your own caterer (AWESOME!!) and mine in that area has been wonderful.  Her website is:  www.aeandmycatering.com/  She also does cakes at a very reasonable rate.  Especially for what I've seen in the area.

I hope this helps some brides on a budget out there - I know I was stressed out trying to find something cheap but nice for our big day.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Budget Venue

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_budget-venue-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:cd12a2b4-3cc0-4c9b-89be-bc27cc7a200dPost:82a15c8d-5da7-4476-b5bf-a42c81d118a5">Budget Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Brides! I found what I think to be a great venue and wanted to share it with the rest of my Knotties on a budget in Atlanta. It's Nash Farm in Henry County - Hampton, Georgia.  Since it's owned by the parks and rec department, rental rates are AH-mazing.  I am paying a grand total of $700 - ($300 is refundable) for tables and chairs at their barn and 100 extra chairs to use for the ceremony at their gazebo.  If you are looking for a rustic wedding venue that is simple - look no further!  (Breakdown:  $300 to rent, $300 cleaning fee you get back, $100 for white chairs) You get the $300 back if you follow their rules - which are common place in the industry from what I've seen.  No tape on the walls, etc.   Went today and fell in love!  You can do very little and leave it simple, or dress is up with all that money you are saving.   You can bring in your own caterer (AWESOME!!) and mine in that area has been wonderful.  Her website is:   <a href="http://www.aeandmycatering.com/" rel="nofollow">www.aeandmycatering.com/</a>  She also does cakes at a very reasonable rate.   Especially for what I've seen in the area. I hope this helps some brides on a budget out there - I know I was stressed out trying to find something cheap but nice for our big day.  
    Posted by mrsfrontrunner[/QUOTE]

I noticed you mentioned this place in another post, and that you know of brides bringing in alcohol... How did they manage that? any repurcussions? were they able to get their cleaning deposit back still? you can PM me if you want. 
  • Options
    Where can we find pics? The official webpage doesn't have any. Thanks for letting us know about this venue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    As far as getting the alcohol in, it's not difficult. Since you pick up the key from the parks and rec department and return it to their office, off site, no one is at your event to oversee. As long as the evidence isn't left behind, I know of one bride who got her deposit back. Another left beer cans in their trash cans. Red flag, right?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_budget-venue-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:cd12a2b4-3cc0-4c9b-89be-bc27cc7a200dPost:4d914268-1213-42bc-83b7-d21b287abfcb">Re: Budget Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where can we find pics? The official webpage doesn't have any. Thanks for letting us know about this venue.
    Posted by kbratton2king[/QUOTE]

Working from my phone tonight. I have photos that I took when I went to look at the venue. Let me email them to myself and get them loaded by tomorrow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ohh! Yes... I would love to see the pix... have you uploaded them yet? I was thinking about doing Pristine Chapel... but we are still looking at other options
  • Options
    Serious delay in getting the photos - my apologies!!

0726121114.jpg
    Arbor and gazebo - for the ceremony, weather permitting
    0726121114b.jpg
    Old stables - thought it was great for photo ops and fits with my country/vintage theme
    0726121114a.jpg
    Outside of the Carriage House - using it to get ready.  Only holds 85 for a reception.
    0726121116.jpg
    Inside the Carriage House - there is a kitchen in here, smaller rooms to get ready, and restrooms
    0726121138.jpg
    Outside of the "Activity Barn" - where we will have the reception - and ceremony if weather forces us inside
    0726121121.jpg
    Inside the "Activity Barn" - I figure once we get the tables and chairs set up with centerpieces that we won't need much else decoration wise

Hope this helps some other budget brides!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know this post is older but I wanted to bring it to the attention of other brides who might use this venue, I paid to rent Nash Farms back in January for my wedding in November. At the time of booking, I was told I could add the carriage house rental on to my activity barn rental. The coordinater stated he wouldn't book two weddings on the same day so I all I would have to do is pay for the second location if I wanted to use it too. I called earlier this week to verify that I could still pay for it. Come to find out the coordinator decided to double book our day after telling us he wouldn't. He stated that it was for a military couple. I felt that he told me this to play the sympathy card. When we originally booked the date we were looking for an October date, and it was not even an option to book one of those, but because this couple is military I had to share? It wouldn't be an issue if the buildings weren't so close to each other, but we are both planning to have an outside ceremony at a shared gazebo. How on earth was he thinking this was going to work? He didn't seeem concerned at all by the matter and stated he would just refund us if it was a problem or I COULD SWITCH DATES! Why should I have to switch when I booked first??????

Sorry for the rant but I wanted other brides to be aware.
  • Options
    The man in charge of scheduling events here is a so rude and not helpful at all.  I eventually had my fiance call because he kept being so short and rude with me.  He seriously would not tell me the next available date?!  Anyways, we decided that with such bad customer service from the get go we would look elsewhere.  Buyer beware.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards