Eco-Friendly Weddings

Hi Ladies! Long intro with question.

I'm still in the process of planning with 9 months left. I have already tried to be as eco friendly as possible which is also helping with the budget! -I am using silk flowers instead of real, I can also use them as decor in vases around my house or sell for someone else to use again. -Only sending STDs to OOT guests & friends who usually travel that time of year. -Using a baker who makes cakes at home--she isn't exactly all local/organic but delivery will be close since she is near the reception site. -Bought my dress at the Running of the Brides (all sample dresses). -BMs are getting black dresses they can wear again. -Reception site supplies non-floral CPs that I will def use! -I will print/make invites myself to eliminate shipping. -I also plan on asking the site to give all leftovers to staff or family to take home so it isn't wasted. My biggest worry, I already know they cannot donate it to a shelter. -Donating to a charity instead of favors for guests. If you can think of anything else please let me know. There are some things I know I cannot do because of budgeting. There is a nature center I would have loved but it was WAY out of budget to rent---basically the budget. So anything else you have suggestions for would be great. TIA

Re: Hi Ladies! Long intro with question.

• I would at least send email STDs to everyone you intend on inviting.  Some people may live in town but they could still make plans for that weekend before they receive the formal invite.  We're doing our STDs and our RSVPs online to reduce paper.Think about serving local beverages if possible.  We'll be using locally bottled beer to reduce shipping.  We can even pick it up straight from the brewery :)
  • Good call on the emailing the rest of the guests for the STDs. I should also check on the reception site letting us bring in local beer/wine. Thanks for the ideas.
  • check out this article the Sierra Club sent me it might help. http://www.sierraclub.org/tips/weddings.aspx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards