Colorado-Denver
Options

Living in LA....To be Wed in Telluride, CO

Hi All,I live in LA and I am planning a destination wedding in Telluride, Colorado for Aug 2010. Any recommendations on vendors in the CO- Telluride area would be extremely helpful, especially from personal experience. Unfortunately, we have had some issues finding a photographer we really liked and the one we did had a strange attitude which was not very appealing.  We are looking for everything from a videographer to a shop that has great party favors that fit nicely in the summertime of CO (sparklers, perhaps?).Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.thanks!H

Re: Living in LA....To be Wed in Telluride, CO

• Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Telluride is BEAUTIFUL, however its pretty secluded...so you might have a hard time finding vendors that are "local" but there are LOTS of vendors in CO that are willing to travel, so you should have some luck there!  We really like our photographer Rachel Terry of Stellar Photography in Grand County (www.stellar-photo.com) & she travels. She's got great prices for the quality of her work!  An idea for party favors would be Enstrom's Toffee (local to the Western Slope of Colorado & DELISH!)...or something with Palisade Peaches (also local to the western slope & they are in season that time of year).  I'm not sure about the sparklers...CO has had some restrictions on stuff like that (depending on the area) due to fires during the summertime.  We are honeymooning in Telluride in September/October this year! :-)Good luck & can't wait to hear more about your plans!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    allison ragsdale is a great photographer in the durango area (about 2 hours south of telluride) she may be willing to travel and may be able to suggest some other vendors in the area. she is a friend of mine - please tell her i sent ya! http://www.allisonragsdalephotography.com/good luck - you've picked a gorgeous location.
  • Options
    amberlyroseamberlyrose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our videographer travels and he is amazing! Info is in my bio under vendor reviews.
    puppies-1

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer is based out of Colorado Springs, but will travel anywhere. She is amazing and reasonably priced. She is also one of the sweetest people I know. Our Epics are up on her blog right now!www.renetatephotography.com
  • Options
    jdoudyjdoudy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.westerncoweddings.com/ has everything you could possibly need for a wedding in western CO. Telluride is beautiful! What an excellent choice! I know from Experience Melinda Roberts (phone number: 970-858-3922) out of Fruita CO is an AMAZING photographer and she travels! (for a price of course) There are a lot of beautiful secluded areas in Western CO so most of the vendors are used to travel. If you need a caterer I HIGHLY recommend The Cowboy and The Rose http://thecowboyandtherose.com/. They can make anything you can dream up. Both Vendors are extremely kind and a pleasure to work with! Good luck on finding everything you need & CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • Options
    hilandianhilandian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  This is very helpful.  Currently we are thinking of having the reception at La Piazza but we heard they might not be able to do round tables but rectangular tables instead due to the space, which I'm not too fond of.  Hopefully, that will not be too bad for guests' conversations.Also, looking for a good baker.  What's a good site for wedding favors and trinkets?thanks,H
  • Options
    delywooddelywood member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I grew up in Telluride and am also having my wedding there July 2010. I am about to sign a contract with a photographer, do you mind if I ask which one you were dealing with. They've been kind so far, but I don't need a switch on me after I sign the deal. Also, I am using a fabulous cake baker who is actually the mom of one of my old friends. If you're interested let me know. Also, you may want to talk to La Piazza about any site fees you may have paid for any outdoor space. We talked to them originally and they wanted to charge an additional $4,000 to hold it outdoors - in the town owned plaza that they have no rights over. And have you been to the site to check it out? Don't get me wrong the food is wonderful, but over the last year a new hotel has been built that completely blocks any views from the venue itself. Personally, we chose to go with Gorrono, which is located on the ski run, about half-way up the mountain. They're a bit less expensive and have fantastic views. Telluride and Mountain Village (where Gorrono and La Piazza are) is an awesome place; just be aware that everything there is going to be on the higher end of expensive. Local vendors tend to be higher because they know they can find people to pay those prices. Even still, any outside vendor will charge to travel to the area, so personally I've been going with local vendors that know the area better and have other local contacts. Hopes this helps, please let me know about the photographer. Thanks! delywood@yahoo.com
  • Options
    delywooddelywood member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another thing about La Piazza that I forgot to mention, since it is in the plaza it makes noise an issue. Several hotels and residences overlook the plaza there and may file complaints. (They did for my sister's wedding!) - just another thing to think about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards