Colorado-Denver

Great wedding favors idea

I came across the best idea for wedding favors the other day--we're totally doing it.  Instead of spending all the time and money to do the favors do a donation instead.  A friend made a donation to a homeless shelter and then printed on a little card "In appreciation of your attendance we have made a donation to (the homeless shelter)."  They tied it onto the little tubes of bubbles at every seat.  It is a great way to do some good, and everyone thinks that it's a great thing for you to do.  We're going to do our donation to Colorado PBS and Rocky Mountain PBS.  I like it so much I had to pass it along!
Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly. Pregnancy Ticker</a

Re: Great wedding favors idea

• A.M.FA.M.F member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing something similar. We're giving each guest an apple candle (shaped just like a green granny smith apple) with a leaf attached that says something along the lines of "A donation has been made in your name to ________" ...the blank will be a school of our choice (FI is going to be a teacher). It will feel good to give back to something important to us!
  • BreckBride09BreckBride09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did the same thing through the Lance Armstrong Foundation...they send us Livestrong wrist bands for each guest and a printed tag that went with them -- I think it's such a great idea to donate to a cause you believe in or has touched you personally!
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm personally neutral on the issue, but you might want to read this post from the Reception Ideas board.  Just something to consider - there are some good opinions here.http://talk.theknot.com/boards/main_frame.aspx?page=ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=59
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    LesPaul : I can't see the comments you are talking about...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards