Colorado-Denver
Options

Pets in the Ceremony?

I really want our 3 dogs...they're all very little terriers...incorporated in the ceremony...i know, i know, i'm one of those people! Anybody done this? One of my dogs is a little vocal and that is the only thing i'm worried about...i was thinking he could sit w/ my mom after he gets walked down the aisle....and then have someone (who, I dunno??) take all 3 home.... thoughts?

Re: Pets in the Ceremony?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We really wanted to include our two dogs (lab and lhasa apso) in our ceremony, but after much discussion decided against it. The hassle of asking someone to bring our dogs home was too much of a hassle and just another thing to worry about- our location was also only 10 minutes away from our house. If you're getting ready at home, have your photographer take pictures of the dogs around you in your bridal garb. That's what we ended up doing and they are now a part of our wedding album.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our dog is way too much of a maniac to have been in our ceremony...but I know there have been other knotties who have had their dogs in their ceremony (marceasue had her dog as her RB I think). Another idea is to use your dogs in pictures to make table numbers (I've seen that on the DIY board & its really cute)
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    AmyO.AmyO. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also thought about having our dogs in the ceremony, but in the end it was too much of a pain to do it.  Making someone leave the reception to take the pooches home seems unfair and a lot of people said that it can be too stressful for the dogs.  I wasn't necessarily worried about that part, but still...it's something to think about.  Instead-we had pics of us and the dogs as our table numbers and also had a custom cake topper made.  We didn't actually put it on the cake, but they sat next to the cake.  Very cute.  We got lots of compliments on it.
  • Options
    kjyoung9kjyoung9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're having our dog in our ceremony & our venue has it done so often they have a service they hire to shuttle off the dog for a doggie hotel night afterwards!!  Lots of Luv'n Care  303-823-6199Make sure you have permission of your venue - and be prepared to hear "no" if food is served within the venue itself (health code stuff).  that's why lionscrest is allowing us to have him at the ceremony but are strict about not having him at the reception/inside the building.good luck ;)
    Kelly & Kevin, Denver, CO 10.22.10

MyBio

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We were planning on having our dog around for pictures but not actually in the ceremony. She is a little hyperactive shall we say! Our photographer took some pictures of her beforehand and we were planning on having some pictures with her after the ceremony but we were running out of time and never got to it. I say it's entirely up to you. But truly think about how your dogs are. If you're worrying about one of them now, think about how it may be the day of. My mom absolutely loves our dog (it's her granddog) but there's no way I would've made her be dog handler at her only daughter's wedding, let alone 3 dogs. I'm as much a dog lover as anyone but I also know my dog is not "wedding appopriate". If your dogs are laid back and cause no problem, definitely have them there! We had our dog in some of our engagement pictures and I'm glad I have those since we don't have any at the wedding. Consider doing the engagement pictures with them...it's a much less stressful time for you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    skiingstarkskiingstark member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I had my dog in my ceremony. We had one of the groomsmen walk him down and he was our ring bearer. Our dog is a calm dog around lots of poeple and the groomsmen had treats to keep him well behaved during the ceremony. Everyone really love that extra little touch.This was preferable to us because our dog has separation anxiety and he howls and hurts him self when we have left him in a crate in a hotel before which was the other option. My DH before and after the ceremony took care of him which was really easy and he said it was very calming for DH to have his best friend there.  After the pics we put him in the car and we had different people go walk him at times. Our dog likes the car over crate. We only do this when the temp is okay for it. It really depends on your situation , your dogs and your venue though. How far away is you home, if it is a long drive I would think about something else. Also I think it will be harder for you cause you have three of them compared to my one.
  • Options
    amandi34amandi34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies! This is great info!!! Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} [url=http://www.theknot.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.theknot.com/tools/tickers/tt445d5.aspx[/img][/url]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards