Colorado-Denver
Options

Mount Vernon Country Club?

Hey girls!  Has anyone ever been to a wedding in the top room at Mount Vernon?  Did the dance floor connect to the area where you ate?  Did anyone hang out on the decks?  Last one- they said we could have both seated and standing for the ceremony, has anyone ever done that?  What was it like?

Thanks so much.  
Kelli
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mount Vernon Country Club?

• Options
    spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they put the dance floor in the room where you eat.  the decks have a GORGEOUS view, so yes, people hang out there.  they arrange the ceremony to have the aisle end at a corner of the deck so the backdrop is the view, but i'm not sure how the standing and sitting would work.  i guess people stand behind the seated area?  it's a gorgeous venue (it was our second choice).
  • Options
    Lauren5280Lauren5280 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there and everyone stood out on the deck.  To be quite honest I didn't like it. I couldn't hear or see so it just felt like standing around for nothing.  The room they put the bride and groom in was far too small for the number of guests so it make getting up and walking around impossible.  We stayed for dinner and then left because we were so confined.  HTH!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they don't actually place you in a room, you book a room.  so that was probably the bride and groom booking a smaller than feasible room to save money and making you uncomfortable.
  • Options
    mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    does anyone know if there are any "real weddings" on the Knot that took place at MVCC?
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no clue.  the "real weddings" don't seem to be very up to date from what i've seen.  i'm just basing this off of friends that got married there and the info/tour we did when we were looking for a venue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards