Colorado-Denver

Thinking of using the wheatridge rec center. What are your opinions?

Hi ladies,

I am looking at having my ceremony and reception at the wheatridge rec center. Basically because we don't have much money for a wedding and it would be really inexpensive there. Plus it looks pretty nice in the banquet room.
Has anyone looked at this place or used it. I would love some reviews.
Thanks.

Re: Thinking of using the wheatridge rec center. What are your opinions?

• edited December 2011
    i've looked, it does look really nice for a rec center!!

another option may be a park-which is a very inexpensive option too!\

please feel free to post more questions!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Before you book, try looking at all inclusive places...  (unless you plan to all the catering yourself). What I found is that all inclusive places, like the Crystal Rose in Golden end up being much cheaper, as they include everything. Caterers end up nickle and diming you for everything... making it  much more expensive in the end.
    I realized this before I booked, but choose to book at non inclusive hall only because I feel in love with the hall and they had VERY cheap accomodation for the guests. I wish though I would have considered doing it all inclusive in order to save money.

• edited December 2011
    I called crystal rose cause my brother got married there but it would cost us almost $10,000 just for 50 guests. We have $2,000 to work with. I actually found a park in Golden that is $120 for the entire day. My in laws have like 10 tents they can set up and my soon to be aunt in law can provide tables and chairs for free, so we have a lot of free resources.  I will see how inexpensive I can keep the catering. Everyone offered to make food for our wedding but I dont want that. My fiances brother did a backyard wedding and family made the food and all the family including me and my fiance had to make most the food and put it all out and monitor it. I hated working at a wedding. I didnt get to really enjoy it. We dont want any family to do ANY work at our wedding. Just enjoy it.  Plus there is a playground for the 15 kids that will be coming....they will have something fun to do.
    Thanks for the info on the rec center. I will not use it. My fiance even said NO! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards