Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Philadelphia Water Works Reception

Hi! My FI and i really want to have our wedding reception at the Water Works in Fairmount Park. Does anyone have information that could help? It's city owned and requirs a permit, but is it really that easy? We are on a serious budget and if we go through the restaurant for food, etc., it will exceed what we have to spend. Thanks so much for any information and/or ideas!

Re: Philadelphia Water Works Reception

• edited May 2012
    Do you want to have your reception at the Water Works restaurant or the gazebo area next to it? I looked at Water Works when I first got engaged, and I think I remember it being being pretty pricey - around $130 per person + tax, etc. 

For the outdoor gazebo area, you need a permit from the city and you have to be out by 3pm. I know you can have a ceremony there, but I don't know about receptions. The Philadelphia Parks & Rec website probably has more helpful information. 
    Anniversary
  • Oh wow, thank you for that info... Ideally, the reception would be under the pavilion with catering from an outside source. At first, I was under the impression that it was all the same location, however, I recently learned that you could rent the property without going through the restaurant (of course they don't tell you that). I did not know however, that you had to be out by 3p :(
  • Also - I would check about availability soon! Your profile says your wedding date is June of next year, which is a popular month! Reception venues often book more than a year in advance. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards