Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Avoid Alfred Angelo

I had an appointment at Alfred Angelo this past Saturday in Cherry Hill.I wanted to get my Bridesmaid Dresses there. All I wanted to do was get the dresses there. My family drove 2 hours for me so we can shop there. I get there at 2pm when my appointment was. They did not have my reservation and they REFUSED to help me. I had a confirmation letter and all. They were rude and nasty. I couldnt believe I was treated like that. I would NEVER buy their stuff. BEWARE!!!!!!!
image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Avoid Alfred Angelo

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with you! I went there back in May when i was looking for my wedding dress... it was also the first bridal store i went to... but definitely didnt like their service... a bit rude and snobby for my taste... I went to other bridal stores afterwards and had a much better customer service at all other stores compared to this one in Cherry Hill!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    WLevine75WLevine75 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know.. I was so upset after i left. I couldnt believe I was treated like that. Never again.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If it's not too far of a drive, try the Lancaster store. I've heard some great things about them. Also, do yourself a favor and only try the dresses on there. One of the old regulars had gotten hers at a bridal shop for like, $200 less than AA was offering it.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I had the worst experience at the Alfred Angelo in Cherry Hill. They are nasty miserable witches! I had corporate involved and they are not much better. I have my dress and love it but what a miserable experience! You can read my review on yelp for all the details.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks paprika28.
    I do have a call into corporate..We'll see..I am in the hospitality business and I would be fire if I treated anyone like that...
  • Options
    Laurie109Laurie109 member
    edited December 2011
    I actually also made an appointment there and I called the day before to confirm it and they told me they had no record. I also had an electronic confirmation. I just wanted to bring my mom in and they made it into a really big deal. We didn't go and she got her dress elsewhere.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know Laurie, I had the paper confirmation too. They didnt care. We asked if we could just look around and they said no..
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate to say it but several people, including myself, had bad experiences in Lancaster too.  Very unhelpful.  Most times they around talking instead of helping us even after we asked.
    My BM ordered their dresses for 4 diff stores and had probs.  Two girls needed at least a couple inches taken in b/c the dresses came in too large.  AA tried to charge for this but the girls pushed since they hadn't lost weight.  This was two diff stores (TX, MD).  The OH store dragged their heels on the order and the alterations needed rushed.  The BM ordered it many months in advance.
    It's a shame.  They have a good selection.
  • Options
    I live 90 minutes away and choose this store thinking they would provide better service than a small wedding boutique...boy was I wrong.

This store has been nothing but headaches for me and my bridesmaids.  When I first ordered my dress in June everything seemed fine and the girls were very helpful.  Once the dress arrived the issues began.  Trying to get a hold of somebody on the phone to schedule appointment to pick up dress is almost impossible.  They never answer the phone and never return calls.  When I needed to extend the 14 days to pick up the dress due to school and work schedule(need at least 2 weeks notice to take off) they made a huge deal about it. 

When getting ready to order bridesmaid dresses they said we could just come in anytime and theyll help us.  Luckily, we called a few days before to confirm appointment as they were already booked full for the next 3 weekends.  When we finally got our appointment, the lady literally took about 15 seconds to measure each bridesmaid.  2 months later most of the dresses finally arrived, the juniors bridesmaids which was ordered the same time, still didn't arrive. 

They refused to take a check to pay for 2 of the dresses, and then made an even bigger deal when trying to pay via credit card over the phone since it was impossible to drive 90 minutes in 5 minutes so the bridesmaids don't stand around all morning before they pick up the dress.  When that finally got settled, the dresses were not sized correctly.  One is too big and just about falls off the girl, and the other one is way too long, and the others need alterations all over to fit properly.  If the dresses are made when we place the order, why not make them to size.  Yes some alteration may be needed, but the extent that we need to do is ridiculous. 

Our bridesmaids picked up their dresses last week and the junior bridesmaid (daughter of maid of honor) dress still isn't in.  The computer shows it as being in store but they can't find it.  We had to ask an employee 5 times to check in the back for this dress because she kept forgetting and got involved with other stuff. 
  • Options
    I do not recommend the Alfred Angelo store in Lancaster,Pa. The sales staff was rude to my bridesmaids and both of their dresses were the completely wrong size when they came in. One way too big, the other too snug. We spent good money in that store, and in my opinion, if you are going to be a snob you should at least do your job correctly. Avoid all Alfred Angelo stores at all costs! I am just glad I didn't purchase my dress there!!
  • Options
    Oh crap- this is where we were going to look (to the one in Lower Gwynedd) but I'm rethinking that now.  Thanks for the heads up, girls.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would really re-consider. They were even featured on Undercover Boss and they stated that the Cherry Hill store gets so many complaints.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards