North Carolina-Outer Banks

Bells and Whistles

has anyone used bells and whistles for flowers?

Re: Bells and Whistles

• edited December 2011
    Hi, I am using Bells and Whistles for my wedding florals, for our wedding 09.18.09. So far Dorothy has been lovely to work with. She keeps things very natural and has a love and great knowledge about plants and flowers. Florals are expensive, but she made a great package for me that kept within my budget. She grows all of her own flowers, which is pretty cool. She is not super great with replying immediately to emails, but she does get back to you eventually. I hope that helps. I will post pictures on this board, when I get them and you can see the set-up that Bells and Whistles did for us.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! I'm trying to plan a wedding in the Outer Banks from Iowa and only have time to make one trip out there before the wedding!  The way our planning trip is looking I only have time to meet with one florist.  Right now I can't decide if I should go through Blooms or Bells and Whistles.  I have heard good things about both of them, but i get the feeling Bells and Whistles is a little more affordable ;)
  • kmascio1998kmascio1998 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to use them too. I sent her (Dorthy) a long e-mail with all the details on my wedding, as she suggeted. I waited two weeks to hear back from her, she asked if i could meet her on a Monday. I planned with my boss to leave work early to met her. I e-mailed to tell her I could meet but never heard back from her, that was almost two weeks ago and still have not heard back. I thought that was pritty rude. I hear they do amazing flowers but if you want to use someone who is on top of there game, you might want to go elsewhere. There are a lot of great places on the obx that do flowers and may be able to respond a little sooner :) Good luck !!!
  • edited December 2011
    Update - we met with the owner and she is quite lovely - a very very creative type.  Of course this may explain the disorganization some of you have experienced, but could also lead to absolutely lovely floral designs.  If you are very organized and need your florist to be available on your schedule - you might need someone more "left brain" but if you are all about the day of, Bells and Whistles might be a good fit so I suggest you meet with them and a few other places, check out their shops and see where you feel most comfortable.
  • Do NOT use Bells & Whistles for your wedding. Dorothy took a $500 deposit from me, ignored me until 3 weeks before my wedding, FINALLY sent me a proposal for flowers that included $3,000 of services we never discussed, told me that I cannot change our contract because it's too close to the wedding, charged me ANOTHER $500 to my credit card without my authorization, and did not do ANY flowers for my wedding. It took 6 weeks after my wedding to get a "refund" and Dorothy only sent me $150.00. This is THE WORST business I have ever dealt wiht, and was an absolute nightmare before my wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards