North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Anthropologie-like Bridesmaid Dresses?

Hey ladies,

So, I found the PERFECT bridesmaid dress, however it's just SLIGHTLY off with the color. Here is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for:

My goal here is to find a bridesmaid dress that doesn't look bridesmaid-y.  I don't want it to look cheap either.  Anthropologie is exactly the "style" I'm looking for... I want something my girls will love and can wear even after the wedding.  Here is my color scheme: http://bit.ly/qhDCG0 ... so basically, almost a Tiffany blue, but a little lighter and more green.  I'd like to go with that aqua-ish and off-white color for the dresses, but I'm open to suggestion.

Does anyone know boutiques/stores that carry Anthropologie-like dresses?  Any help is appreciated!!

Re: Anthropologie-like Bridesmaid Dresses?

• Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OOH that dress is so pretty and unique! I love that style. My only thought was, could you buy seperates and "make" this dress? I think you could easily find the white top and find a flowy skirt in the color, maybe at Macys or Nordstroms?Urban Outfitters might have something similar too. That's the only thing I can think of. I love Anthropologie, they just closed the only store I knew of in the DC area though. :(
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I could be more help than to say I LOVE that dress!  Your color scheme is great too; is that definitely the wrong color?  Enough to bug you when looking at the pictures, or the day of?  If not, I say just get that one!  The girls will definitely love it too; what a nice bride you are! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh how cute! I love that.

ETA: I don't think your bridesmaids need to be the exact same color as the tablecloths. As long as everything flows well, it works.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    llilleyllilley member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    <3 the dress!  I'm considering it for myself, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love that dress!  I love the style. It would be a bit pricey for my bridesmaids, which is why I'm thinking you are looking for something similar somewhere else?  We are going with a special occassion dress from David's bridal because its less expensive and easy for my bridesmaids to find.  I have one in  Pennsylvania, one in MD, one in Alabama, and the rest in VA.  This is the dress (my colors are brighter though)
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Strapless-Abstract-Floral-Print-Dress-42127D

This is very different, it might be brighter than what you are thinking though:
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/eliza-j-one-shoulder-cotton-eyelet-sheath-dress/3170706?origin=category&resultback=733

Oh this is probably not your style ( I love it though!) and I don't know that silver would work into your color scheme...but
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/eliza-j-one-shoulder-metallic-chiffon-dress/3165106?origin=category&resultback=0

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

WOW!  What a cute dress!

• Options
    asoho0704asoho0704 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ladies, thanks for all of your suggestions!  Those 2 dresses posted look beautiful, but yes, the one may be a bit bright, and the other won't work with the silver.

The thing is, I think the Anthro dress is a little too green in person, though I can't really say because I haven't actually seen it in person.  

Regarding the price, I emailed my girls to ask if this would be something they would be willing to pay $258 for, and they all said yes, that they would make it work, and that they loved the dress.  So the price is kind of a non-issue at this point (for this particular dress)... I have searched high and low and not found anything even remotely as pretty or fitting for my wedding than this dress!  I suppose I could adjust the shade of blue around the actual dress, but I don't want a Christmas-themed wedding if this dress ends up being too green!  LOL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Christmas tree themed, nice, LMAO ;o)  Which Anthropologie was it that closed in the DC area?  Was it the one at Reston Town Center in VA?  I know there was one there.  I'm SO out of the loop on shopping.  I haven't bought non maternity clothes in quite a while!  I still have a White House Black Market $100 gift card chillin' at home that FI bought me for x-mas before we found out I was preggo :oP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would consider contacting the store and see if they might be willing to send you a swatch.  You may have to pay for it but it may be worth it.
    Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_anthropologie-like-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:76748a13-4918-4f11-b4d2-522df3e16f49Post:e216bb50-3b05-4545-a586-90afd69f3025">Re: Anthropologie-like Bridesmaid Dresses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Christmas tree themed, nice, LMAO ;o)  <strong>Which Anthropologie was it that closed in the DC area?  Was it the one at Reston Town Center in VA?</strong>  I know there was one there.  I'm SO out of the loop on shopping.  I haven't bought non maternity clothes in quite a while!  I still have a White House Black Market $100 gift card chillin' at home that FI bought me for x-mas before we found out I was preggo :oP
    Posted by keb2482[/QUOTE]

Nope, it was the store on Rockville Pike in Rockville, MD. Closest to me.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, they have 2 of the dresses left (they're on back-order until 8/22 on the site) in the Georgetown store, I'm heading over now to check out the color!  I'll let you guys know if it works!! :)
  • Options
    mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that dress.  It's like an antique Tiffany blue.  My flower girls are in the same color.  While the rest of the wedding is more true shades of blues and periwinkles, I didn't care because their dresses were so cute.  Plus we have ivory and sand colors which tone down the blues.  I say work with the colors if you love the dress.  I think it's pretty close to your antique aqua color.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Plus, keep in mind finding the right table linens to match your wedding theme also.  That's the issue I'm running into now.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well, you ladies have convinced me (AND I went and tried the dress on!!)... it's perfect.  We have a winner!!

Here is is, on - 
  • Options
    rebecca2929rebecca2929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's sooo cute and the bonus is they'll be able to wear it after the wedding.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Yayyyy!!!  So glad it worked out for you and btw....you look super cute!! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It is perfect!  I want it.
    Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much guys, you're too sweet!!! 

My sister is a huge tom-boy, and never wears dresses, so I'm going to take hers when the wedding is over... BONUS!!! lol I LOVE this dress!!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me likey.  The lacey embroidered top really suits your vintage aqua and red theme too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love it!  So cute!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really cute!! Glad you found it!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks!  question though - i'm looking at the photo i took myself in the dress, next to some photos i snuck of my wedding dress... and idk if they look awful together?  What do you ladies think??? Here they are side by side...

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    YOU will be the star of the show on your wedding day and all eyes will be on you.  You don't want the BM dresses to match your dress too much b/c you want to be the one that stands apart from the rest....which you obviously will since you are the bride.  It's hard to tell the neckline of your gown, but to me both of the necklines compliment one another. 

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

here is a link to the dress (the photos do it NO justice) http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/26/305

My concern was that the ivory was going to look bad next to my white dress... you know, the different shades of white?
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhh your dress is absolutely gorgeous!!!  LOVE it :)

The best thing to do in this situation is to have one of the BM's go ahead and buy the dress now and both of you go together and have the dresses on side by side so you can know without any doubt whether or not you like it together.  That way, you will know for sure since they are side by side.  You have plenty of time until the big day, but this is something I would go ahead and do asap so your mind can be clear of it :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oooohh..thats a tough one.  I love the combination of the crocheted-looking top on the bridesmaid dress with the lace look of your wedding dress, but the colors would worry me too.  Its hard to tell from the pic...is your dress white/white?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it looked like more of a soft white in person, but in these photos it looks white white.  UGH this is tough lol!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm no help on this one aSoho but remember, there is a Groom that lurks on the board too, and if you ask the ladies, I think i'm a pretty good "help" when it comes to different things and "guys point of view" opinions. 

Remember, "Just because I have a 'thingie' doesn't mean I don't have a good 'opinnie'." LOL!!!  Tongue out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL, well what ARE your thoughts then, phillyboy??;)
  • Options
    rebecca2929rebecca2929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Your dress is beautiful and I think they'll look fine together side by side.  What if you tied a belt around the BM dress?

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards