North Carolina-Outer Banks

House Ideas

Hi everyone, my name is Katie and my FI and I have recently decided that we might want to go to the outer banks to get married!!! We visited last summer and loved it. We will most likely have about 18-20 people come down and stay in a house with us for a week, having our wedding on a monday or tuesday. We are thinking mid may... maybe the week of May 15th.
We will just have a wedding on the beach and have a party at the house after. Does anyone have any reccomendations on houses that can hold that many people? It doesn't need to be fancy and we would like to keep the cost down as much as possible!
Thanks!!

Re: House Ideas

• LRPardyLRPardy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi Katie!

Most real estate companies down there have large event houses.  If you go to the Outer Banks Wedding Association site they have tons of vendor resources including accommodations.

http://www.outerbanksweddingassoc.org/

Happy planning!!

• hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi Katie!

I think most realty company's have big houses you can rent.  I don't know which area you're looking into but I'm getting married this September in Hatteras.  We rented an 8 bedroom house that sleeps 24 right on the ocean.  We used Hatteras Realty and they have a lot of houses that sleep 18-20 from Rodanthe down to Hatteras.  If you're looking into that area let me know if you have any questions.

Laura
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I booked OBX attitude via seaside rentals they also showed me explorers beacon.  They were the only two big enough to meet our needs (10 bedrooms) and beach front that would rent to us on Friday -- we are getting married on Sunday and did not want to rush getting the place set up Melissa Dye at Seaside was so helpful!  Best of luck
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the help. We have been looking around a lot. We would like to get one of those big houses and pay for everyone who can come to stay. I am hoping we can save up enough money!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Most rental places also have an off season which is a whole lot cheaper than mid season and peak season. I just got married on May 1st (last week of off season) and the weather was warm and my mom saved over $3000 on the beach house rental. She rented for a week before the wedding and the week after so she could have a little vacation as she was basically my wedding planner. :)

Marisa

Marisa Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards