California-Napa

Honeymoon Must Dos in Napa/Sonoma

We are honeymooning in Napa/Sonoma in November.  Neither I or my fiance has ever been there.  Any recommendations, what to do, restaurants, places to stay etc... would be SO helpful!  Thanks

Re: Honeymoon Must Dos in Napa/Sonoma

• edited December 2011
    What kind of place are you looking to stay in? Hotel, B&B?
    My fav restaurant is Rutherford Grill. It's always a great time and good food! :)
    A hot air balloon ride is always a must when in Napa. I have flown with Balloons Above the Valley a few times and always had fun!
    A bike ride and wine tour would be fun, to be honest I have never done the bike ride and wine tour but I want to.
    I would recommend going to Castello di Amorosa in Calistoga though. I went there with a bunch of friends for my 25th back in November and it was sooo much fun!
    I live in Napa, born and raised so if you have any questions about places let me know :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm honeymooning in Napa next week! While I haven't experienced this yet, I'll share the recommendations I've collected and what we're doing:

B&B recs (all in Napa):
    - Old World Inn (where we ended up booking)
    - Beazley House
    - Candellight Inn

Winery recs:
    - V. Sattui (go on a weekday or early, it gets busy)
    - Castello di Amorosa
    - Sterling
    - Robert Mondavi (also very popular)

We're doing a customized limo tour of wineries through Beau Wine Tours. We're getting a private limo for 5 hours.

We're on the wait list at French Laundry all 5 days we'll be there (called exactly 2 months ahead). We have reservations right now at Cyrus and we're also thinking we'll do Bottega and Mustard's Grill. The Applewood Inn got good reviews on Open Table and since FI and I like craft beer we're considering checking out the Silverado Brewing Company.

HTH!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards