Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

newly engaged -- looking for venue ideas

hello all! my fiance proposed very recently, but i want to make sure i get this thing done right, as it's an important thing! this is my first post ever.

i have two different date ides--  1 at the end of next spring the other the beginning of next fall. i think i will shoot for the spring, but if it must be in the fall, so be it. my fiance and i would like it to be next year. he says it is up to me to pick the date.

the first (and hardest) decision is going to have to be our venue. he pretty much wants to let me do what i want (i am by FAR the more organized person in the relationship, so i want control over most things anyway Laughing-- it's b/c i'm an aries) but he wants the wedding (ceremony & reception--) to be OUTSIDE under a big tent (preferably on a FARM) where we can (possibly) CAMP OUT that night w/ our friends after the fam all leaves. this sounds wonderful to me (i am a bit of a hippie, you might say,) but difficult to FIND. it seems like we are going to have to find someone very laid back about their property... that has parking, bathrooms, and hotesl nearby. does this magical place he wants exist? any advice?

note: i am willing to go along w/ what he wants-- i'd rather not have the "all inclusive" of a venue that only allows certain caterers and other things, but i know that we are going to have to, in the end, compromise certain things. right now, we do have an IDEAL.

i apologize. i'm often long-winded--
thanks to anyone who has read this entire rambly message-- i am sure you all know how i feel ! nervous, excited, stressed, happy, and most importantly glowingly and extremely in love. 

-kajs
kajs Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: newly engaged -- looking for venue ideas

• Congratulations!  Norhtern Star Farm in Trappe sounds like a place you might like.  It's a working dairy farm that does tented weddings on their beautiful property.  The owner is a wonderful guy.  He does talks in the local nursery schools and there's always "field trips" to see the cows.  We've been to a few local events at his place.  You can bring in any caterer. There's a local BBQ guy nearby.   They have a bridal suite for you to use - along with their party room,  dining room, and bathrooms!  I heard he lets the bridal couple use his pool.  There is also parking.  It gets crowded during special events, so I know!    There is a Marriott about 8 miles away. So it seems the best of both worlds for you - a farm that is experienced in weddings.  I don't know about the camping, but you can always talk to Matthew about it. .  http://northernstarfarm.net/
  • I don't have any venues to suggest, but I did want to say Congratulations!!!

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on your engagement! I don't have any suggestions for you, sorry.
    Anniversary
  • Perhaps Ridley Creek State Park... Camping at the park, wedding at Hunting Hill Mansion
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! FI and I talked about venue stuff again, and he's willing to let go of the camping idea-- "it was just an idea" says he. I think this will make finding somewhere a lot easier. I REALLY appreciate all of the ideas, and I've bookmarked the pages. I'll still take as many suggestions (or mere congratulations, which are all very sweet. thanks all!) as anyone may have until we've settled on somewhere!

yay!
    kajs
    kajs Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Manor House at Prophesy Creek is a gorgeous venue with a farm-y feel and a big tented patio. It's all inclusive (except you bring your own booze), so it might not fit for what you want, but it would be worth checking out if you wind up compromising on that!  Good luck and congratulations!
  • How about Tyler Arbouretum or Audubon!  Both amazing locations!Check out partyspace.com for others!  Good Luck
  • There's a few outside venue place in Delaware.
    http://www.destateparks.com/EVENTS/

I've been to a few beautiful weddings at Ballrooms at Boothwyn, PA in Delco too.
    http://www.liascatering.com/ballroomsatboothwyn/

Congrats!!

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Congratulations on your engagement!! I don't know of any places for the outdoors. But if you did want a ballroom try looking into Mendenhall Inn, or Concordville Inn. Hope this helps!! :-) www.mendenhallinn.com www.concordville.com 
  • Our wedding is at the Aldie Mansion in Doylestown, PA. We just went for a visit -- a reminder of how beautiful it is! We love the outdoor patio and fountain, and there's a great garden with a gazebo and awesome oak tree. Perfect backdrop for an outdoor wedding. Tree gives enough shade if the sun is blazing. Check it out: www.aldiemansion.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards