Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...

Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess this is not an appropriate gift to send me... neither is the matching dip/chip platter.  Really?  Even H had a WTF look on his face.

ETA: This is a drink pitcher

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess I'm sad that my friend's baby shower was scheduled for the same day as a wedding we've already committed to.  Boo!  I already bought gifts for the little one, so I'll just have to stop by their house another time.  :-( 

AW - My birfday is tomowwow Laughing

AW - I have a job interview Friday.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    vent- i have a meeting with HR today to discuss other career opportunities withhin my company. my compnay sucks so i am not expecting anything out of it. 

i confess i am lazy when it comes to working out and i need a kick in the butt to get moving again.  until that kick comes, i will remain lazy.
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, one more then I have to get some work done LOL

Dear coworkers and boss,
    I take my birthday off for a reason.  It's really not necessary for you to buy me a cake and card, etc.  I really wish we could be less personal around here.
    <3 Me
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear dreams,

Can you please be about something else other than the wedding? I still have 3 months to go!

xo 

R

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear kid I tutor -
    Stop hugging me and kissing my check.  Can't you see my cringe every time and I don't hug back!  I run out the door so fast when we're done to avoid another hug.  Rubbing my back and standing next to me and my gma's funeral was NOT APPROPRIATE.  Especially during visitation when people are trying to offer their condolences to me and my family, old people got confused and thought you were DH .. really? i wanted to punch someone. 
    I do not spend two hours making you up practice quizzes and answer sheets for you and your mom to not use them.  really? don't waste my time.  If your mom has to write your essay answers so you can memorize them, then you aren't learning.  I really hope you both get a clue and drop your hist class for the Fall because I keep telling you both that I student teach in the fall so I can't commit to tutoring, plus it's not worth the money.  I already have plans for part-time work and you sure as hell don't pay me enough to deal with this BS anymore.
    Sign -
    your non-touchy-feely tutor who wants to quit, but feel obligated because our moms are friends.
    PS do not refer to me as a Really Good Friend to people anymore .... we most certainly are NOT even friends.

Dear Kid's Dad -
    Please get your schedule together so I can get mine together.  I hate not knowing when I'm working!
    Your nanny who likes a schedule and wants to make plans for your kid

Dear Amer -
    I love you even more after Saturday when we look at the dance floor and both thought it was Chris and you were ready to choke a biitch.   That's knottie love right there
    Love,
    girl whos glad her H was at the table not on the dance floor

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hil - who gave you that gift?

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay Hil! Good luck Friday! Also, where did you get that pitcher?? LOL. I confess I want nothing more for it to be May. I really need a husband and a vacation.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AW:  Ev and I only have one month until our weddings!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear FI,
    Sorry I was poopy last night.  I thank you for ignoring the 100+ text message from your ex and not letting her get to you.  You've came a long way from when we met.  I also thank you for letting go of your ego and agreeing to combine banking accounts when you become a fulltime student.  Taking care of the mortgage is more than enough to "provide for your family".  I can handle the rest, then when you get an amazing job with your degree I'll let your provide ALL you want, I promise!

Love,
    Can't wait to be Mrs. yourlastname!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-open-letter-vent-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ffef0f57-9a41-4e94-8b77-b8be5feb372ePost:d67beca4-4a56-4081-8a03-d7e158453af5">Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]hil - who gave you that gift?
    Posted by drink227[/QUOTE]

My mom.  Then I had to pretend I appreciated it because she's so sensitive and I'm so angry and mean.  I took them out of the box and immediately put them in our storage closet.  If they're out of my sight, I can't get too annoyed.  Luckily, she also sent a card with a check so I'm letting the crazy pitcher and serving dish go.

I told DH a few weeks ago that if anyone asks what to get me for my bday, tell them money because I'm saving to get a good camera.  No one asked him what I need, and thus I get parrot stuff.  Fail.
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011

MH-  Where did your mom find that?  I can't see anyone ever using it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-open-letter-vent-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ffef0f57-9a41-4e94-8b77-b8be5feb372ePost:4e30f97c-72a5-404f-ba0e-8cba092c50a9">Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]MH-  Where did your mom find that?  I can't see anyone ever using it. 
    Posted by amy727[/QUOTE]

QV -effing-  C
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Hil - will she expect you to bring it out if she visits? I'm having a Gilmore Girls flashback where they grandmom had to get all the stuff out of storage when the Great grandmom came ot visit...
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that while I literally just sent out the invites on Monday - I'm upset that we have PO box and I can't just check the mailbox everyday...I really hope there are one or two when I get home!

Lemma - I could ditto your confession - only change "May" to "June". I really want it just be here already.

Amy and Ev - YAY for 1 month!!!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hil - I confess I was worried you would have said your mom....ekkk that is hideous. Not getting too personal - but was the parrot stuff inexpensive enough that it could have been a gag gift so she wasn't just giving a card with a check?
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today is the first day I woke up and feel GOOD. I hope this lasts!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-open-letter-vent-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ffef0f57-9a41-4e94-8b77-b8be5feb372ePost:67c3f73d-3f48-478b-9a60-bce78d8557dd">Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hil - will she expect you to bring it out if she visits? I'm having a Gilmore Girls flashback where they grandmom had to get all the stuff out of storage when the Great grandmom came ot visit...
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

I sure hope not.  She tried to tell me that it's for "entertaining".... but we live in an apartment and never have company over.  I can see it making it's way to Goodwill the next time we move.  But, shhhh, don't tell anyone :)
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    MH-  You can always accidentally break it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vent - I can't watch Teen Mom... the video's not working here :-(

TCT - I really believe it was NOT a gag gift.  This is how it goes every gift-giving holiday/event.
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    AW - I won the office NCAA Bracket.  FREE LUNCH!
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that a coworker just told me she's pregnant and it totally freaks me out.  I'm so scared that I'll accidentally get pregnant and be stuck here.  I don't want to be stuck in this job just to keep benefits and take leave.  Yikes!  I'm such a control freak!
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY BP!

Hil,
    My dad is a good gift giver but I have family members who aren't.
    I good will stuff all the time.
    I dont feel too bad then, someone somewhere will use and love that parrot!
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-open-letter-vent-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ffef0f57-9a41-4e94-8b77-b8be5feb372ePost:5e280ac2-81e3-41d4-9970-a226db8d64b2">Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]AW:  Ev and I only have one month until our weddings!
    Posted by amy727[/QUOTE]

I KNOW!!!  Craziness.

Also, MH, if it makes you feel better, I got something very similar for my bridal shower...

Random.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm loving everyones summery sigs!! Laughing

YAY AMY AND EV!! 1 month!
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-open-letter-vent-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:ffef0f57-9a41-4e94-8b77-b8be5feb372ePost:f2691d99-8902-431f-8a27-8ec4e58bbb91">Re: Wednesday: AW, Open Letter, Vent, Confessions...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm loving everyones summery sigs!!
    Posted by a.lemma4[/QUOTE]

I agree it's making me really look forward to summer!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I actually really like Hilary's parrot pitcher! Lol. I'm a nerd like that. I'm throwing a big 30th BD party for myself this summer and it's going to be luau/hawiian themed, so I'm started to look for crazy stuff like that, heh. So if you're looking to offload it, let me know! Laughing

I also confess that I am actually starting to like the gym! My bff was in from MN so I didn't go at all from Friday until this morning, and I was actually looking forward to going when I got up this morning. I *never* though I would like working out, but I love how I feel afterwards. Happy day. 

Vent - my SO is OBSESSED with some stupid online Batman mulitplayer game. It's all he's been doing for like the last month, and it's driving me CRAZY! It's one of those games where he can talk to the other players and it's so annyoing. I hope he doesn't plan on playing this weekend because we have a bathroom to finish!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess I'm not doing this week's siggy challenge because I'm too lazy to upload a new pic to my laptop... plus I'll me MIA the next two days so there's no point.  I'll try to play along next week.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Dear Teaching Math Professor,

I turned in my lesson plan and rubric FOUR weeks ago. Why don't I have a grade? Seriously, if it's not 100% for both things, and I turn in tonight's lesson plan and rubric and don't get 100% I'm fighting it. I also plan to mention this profusely in your teacher evaluations, so that maybe you'll get the hint that since we're turing things in on time, your grading should be done in a timely manner as well.

- The peeved off student who shouldn't have to wait a month for a grade.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    HIl - She obviously wants you to host a Jimmy Buffet party! duh

Dear DH,
    I am tired of asking you to help me do things multiple times. So when I finally give up on you and do it my self don't sit there in shock that I am pissed off at you!
    <3 your annoyed wife or is tired of doing all of the house work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards