South Carolina-Charleston

Vendor reviews for Nov 20th wedding

So I got married on Nov 20th and I thought I would give a review of my wedding vendors. I spent about 7,000 give or take a little more ha. Which of course was a little more then I wanted to spend on 30 people...but in Charleston you really can't spend less unless you go to a resturant and cut back on a lot of stuff.

David's Bridal for dress and fitting: A: It only took me 2 trys to find the perfect dress...everyone loved it

Magnolia plantation (the conservatory) A- :The only downside was it was a little dark inside once it got dark outside (they use a lot of natural lighting) So you may want to think about that. Luckily are photographer brought their own lights for photos so that worked out well for us. Plus the guy cleaning up after the reception thought we had the place til 9pm...we had it til 12am. But once my husband told him we had it til midnight he was very understanding and left us alone. It was the perfect venue though. Very pretty. Pleanty of room for our 30 guests. And a great place to show our family our new life in Charleston (we're from up north) Also just a note there still can be a lot of no see ums even at the end of Nov. We were attacked during the ceremony...but the reception was perfectly bug free!

Sticky Fingers: A- : The food was slightly cold by time we started eating it...but that was probably our fault cause we didn't start eating right away. But there was tons of food! Plus they even went back to get us some garbage bags since our venue hadn't brought us ours yet.

Jeff Janecek Photography (Dreampop Media) A+: Great photos, great price, you get 2 photographers for as long as you like. Jeff and his girlfriend Amanda shot my wedding the picts I've seen are great! I can't wait til I get the cd with all the photos on it! He was near about 1 of the cheapest (at least the top 3) that I found in Charleston. But his pictures are better then most I've seen. I almost had gone with another photographer until I found him and with the other photographer I felt like I was giving in a little and risking my photo quaility so I could have a cheap photographer. But not with them...great photo quaility (and still a cheap price)! They give you a cd and then you can print off as many picts you want!

I can't give no reviews of an officiant because my mother in law is ordained and she did the ceremony.

Snyder Rentals B+ to A-: Make sure you count your linnen before taking it home with you. They forgot to give us a table cloth (we picked them up ourselves) by the time we realized we didn't have it...it was to late to get it. So our drink table did not have a table cloth. They did give us back the money we paid for it real quick at least

Publix: B+ The cake was great...the frosting was ok....the cake was beautiful. Only problem is they messed up the cake and had to fix it and we didn't get it til an hour later (and when your the one who is putting some extra decorations on it as the bride...its fairly irritating!) Even though it was a 2 layer cake they had put the wrong bord on the 2nd layer so we could not put it on the stand. So they had to carefully take it off and put it on the new one and then repipe the edge. They gave us some cake pops to say they were sorry. But it would have been a lot less stressful if they had just done it the right way first!

Lisa Ferguson Flowers: A: All I had to do was show her a picture of a bouquet and from that she created the bouquet, centerpieces and boutinere . Of course I spent a little more then I had planned...but the flowers did consist of orange orchids, orange tulips, roses, berries and fall leaves. For those types of flowers she were quite cheap. Her site is http://www.lisafergusonflowers.com/

Shutterfly.com: A+ : A bit time comsuming but I did make my photo guest book on shutterfly. Turned out great. Will be making my wedding album through them as well.

Most everything else I made or bought myself with help from Michael's and AC craft store

Re: Vendor reviews for Nov 20th wedding

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards