California-Bay Area

Details by Linda?

Hi there,
Just checking to see if any of you have used Linda as their decorator by chance. We're meeting with her (I think) tomorrow for the second time. I love her work, I've done my research for that but I was a little concerned with Yelp reviews...her communication isn't that great. Should I keep shopping around? For backdrop decoration, lights, linens, etc she's charging 2k. Not sure if this is the normal going rate...I know I need to shop around, and I have with everything else, but my gut is telling me to go with her, just frustrated with her right now!

Re: Details by Linda?

• edited December 2011

I haven't used Linda but she is a preferred vendor at our reception venue so I contacted her.  We do plan to use her but she told me that until I had the bridesmaid dresses we should wait to book an appt for linens and such.  I like her work too but she did seem just a bit short.  Maybe I'm overanalyzing but I'm used to vendors being so happy to hear that you want to meet with them and she was just kinda like "call me closer to the event"

We want to do ceiling swags, possibly overlays or table runners and either chair covers or chivari chairs.  Update when u meet with her and let us know how it went and if you have any more details on pricing.

Thanks and Good Luck!

• edited December 2011
    What is her website|?
  • edited December 2011
    I have to wait a while before I get an email back. Same thing with calling. I asked her exactly 7 days ago when we should meet to discuss deposit and more decoration details but have not heard anything. In her last email, she reiterated what we'd talked about and said she wasn't crazy about the look I wanted but it was my day. I appreciated her honesty, but it was a bit rude. SO needless to say I'm afraid we'll have to look for another person. We want a pretty backdrop for the head table, head table garlands, votives, short centerpieces with uplights, uplights around the room, etc. I will have to go back on a search for a good decorator who is excited to work with me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards