California-Bay Area
Options

SF Mariachis

I was wondering if anyone could recommend reasonably priced mariachi bands for a San Francisco cocktail hour/dinner. We'd only need them for about 2 hours or so. 

Every band I've found so far charges an insane travel fee, so I'd like to go with one that is based in the City.

Thanks!

Re: SF Mariachis

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also looking for a Mariachi Trio (Guitars only) and I am running into the same problem.  I have a few feelers out there getting some information for me.  Most are out of the Napa area.  Once I receive them I can send you the information I receive about them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd really appreciate that, thanks!

If you get any info on full bands, let me know -- I'm partial to the horns + guitars! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I interviewed about seven Mariachis in the Bay area and the price range was between 450-600 per hour.  We only needed the Mariachis for our cocktail hour and every one of them had a minimum of TWO hours, they all wanted to get paid the two hours even if they only played one.  It was impossible to arrange with them and have fewer than 9 players/singers to drop the price, they would NOT negotiate with me at all!

The search was exahusting and I was starting to believe it was impossible to find a Mariachi at a reasonable price!!

I finally found a Mariachi through recommendations of my friends and family.    It is a trio and they only have guitars. 

The name of the contact person is Rigo, he is very professional.  When you call him tell him that Ana who is married on May 13th in Livermore referred you. 

MARIACHI TRIO ESTRELLAS DE ORO* 408-807-9446

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npe8fIcmyvg&feature=channel

www.serenadesdirect.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, I can't believe that rate's standard! 

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely be contacting them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards