Georgia-Savannah

Reception at Vic's on the River?

I'm getting married in Forsyth Park and am thinking of having the reception at Vic's on the River.  Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with that location?  I'm open to other suggestions. Probably 100 people or so.  The Mansion is ideal, but just too expensive.  Thanks!

Re: Reception at Vic's on the River?

• gtgirl23gtgirl23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally Love Skylar's.

The downstairs cellar is soooo pretty and the food is awesome- not expensive either.

http://www.skylersrestaurant.com/
  • reebzerreebzer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister just had her reception there, it was beautiful and the wait staff was very attentive and nice.  the balconies overlooking River St. were a great addition. And i really reccomend what they call pigs in a blanket as a passed hor'd'orve, they're not what you think of when you hear pigs in a blanket.
  • bean0408bean0408 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

One of my best friends had his reception there and it was wonderful. The food was good, great service and they even had a dance floor. The pp is absolutely correct, the balconies overlooking River Street are wonderful. I loved Vic's

• chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard nothing but good things about Vic's so when we flew down to plan our desitnation wedding, I set up an appointment with them.  Nobody ever bothered to show up.  After waiting half an hour, I asked to meet with a manager and was told that there was no manager on the premises at that time.  I left, and was very disappointed.  I REALLY wanted to meet with them, but apparently they weren't interested in my business.  :-(
  • edited December 2011
    We just had our reception at Vic's about two weeks ago, it was great!  The food was amazing, all our guests raved that it was the best wedding food they've ever had, and the service was impeccable.  I would highly recommend it, although when it was all said and done it cost about the same as what I would have spent at the Mansion at Forsyth Park.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    my sister had her wedding at forsyth park and had the reception at vic's on the river, it was a great location, the balcony at night for the reception was beautiful looking over the river. the dj was great with all the kids at the wedding and the staff was pleasent and food i thought was GREAT!!! :)

i give them 2 thumbs up!!!

Good Luck.
  • edited December 2011
    We had friends who had their reception at Vic's last year.  I wasn't able to attend, but FI and a bunch of our friends did.  9 months later they are still all RAVING about the food and how good it was, particularly the steak.  From the pictures I saw, it looked like everyone had a great time too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • asegalasegal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also considering VIC's! I met with joey and he is awesome.  Plus the centerpieces included is a nice way to save money!!! How was the room for 100 people?
  • zveezvee member
    First Comment
    did you end up having reception at Vic's? If so how was it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards