Georgia-Savannah

Local Recommendations APPRECIATED! (3 months to plan it ALL!)

My fiance and I recently got engaged and while I wish I had time to just "relish" the moment, I have to kick the planning process into high gear.   We are (with much luck and all planets and stars aligning perfectly - LOL!) hoping to plan a small, intimate fushion ceremony for 13 guests 8 adults and 5 children (ages 1, 3, 8, 10, & 13).  Soooo.....does ANYONE have recommendations for: 

- perfect outdoor venue (beach or park or garden is fine)

- ideal after-party location (day or evening - we're flexible)

- officiants (non-denom. for Christian side) + priest to handle Hindu portion of ceremony

- Hair and Make-up (I'm a "natural" girl who's going to need help to pull off a "fusion" look...Lord help me!)

Help, Help, Help!  This soon-to-be bride on a budget needs all the local recommendations she can get!  THANK YOU in advance!  Smile

Re: Local Recommendations APPRECIATED! (3 months to plan it ALL!)

• Maybe Cha Bella? You could get the outdoor area for the ceremony and the small private room for the reception?

I know 17hundred90 does small receptions as well.

Vics on the River has a smaller private room with a nice window view of the river.

Getting my hair and makeup done by Wade Calhoun of Spike and Pixies Salon.
  • Hey girl.

Venue:  Go with a square.  Chippewa or Monterey are my faves.  Chippewa was where Forest Gump sat on the bench (no longer there) and Monterey is outside Mercer House from Midnight in the Garden of Gooden and Evil.  Monterey is "greener".  Both are very Savannah and will delight.

After party: Try 10 Downing.  I spoke with Mark a lot and he is knowledgeable and friendly.  If you want something a little more high end try Vic's ont he River. Ask for AJ.  He is a client of mine and wondeful.

Hair and Make Up go to Park West Salon by Forsyth Park.  So so so good!

Unfortunately I can't help with officiants as I haven't even found mine yet!

If you need any sweets or a cake, check our Rum Runner's Bakery.  They are so good and locally owned.  When I have a bad day at work I go get a cupcake from there. 

If you need anything else msg me!
  • "Erin":  You ROCK!  Thank you!

• Look into Tybee Trees on Tybee.  You can do your ceremony and reception there in one place.  You'll have to use an outside caterer, but it usually works out to be a lot more cost effective than going the route of a square and restaurant. 

Park West Salon is a great salon.  I also recomend Blue Bamboo if you choose an island wedding or 40 Volume. 

The only Hindu Temple that I know of here is the Swaminarayan Temple.  There may be others, but I'm not sure.  I would contact them about an officient.  Reverend Steven P. Schulte is a Christian minister you could look into.

Savannah Rum Runners is a great bakery.  Just Desserts is my favorite bakery in town.  They specialize in cup cakes.  Back in the Day Bakery is very good as well. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am soooo loving you ladies for your recommendations.  THANK YOU!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards