North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Is it possible to get a hold of anyone at Duke Chapel?

I've been trying to get in touch with the lady in charge of weddings and events at Duke Chapel for three weeks now and have still heard nothing. I've emailed and called and left messages to no avail. Does anyone have any experience with Duke Chapel or any advice on the subject? This is extremely frustrating. Maybe in this economy they've had tons of people banging down their doors and so they don't want my business?

Re: Is it possible to get a hold of anyone at Duke Chapel?

• edited December 2011
    I am wondering the same thing!  I emailed one week ago and have heard nothing.  I figured even if they were booked they would at least email back and say they have no availability.  Have you had any luck yet??
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married there a couple years ago.  I know at the time they weren't scheduling more than a year out.  She and her father (he is alumni) camped out outside the office the night before what she wanted her wedding date to be.  Maybe you need to go there in person.
  • SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-raleighdurham_possible-hold-of-anyone-duke-chapel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:606Discussion:c15700bf-a4df-4431-9aca-1f3d61db7449Post:a2322e4f-6452-4832-a7d3-86721b75b69c">Re: Is it possible to get a hold of anyone at Duke Chapel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend got married there a couple years ago.  I know at the time they weren't scheduling more than a year out.  She and her father (he is alumni) camped out outside the office the night before what she wanted her wedding date to be.  Maybe you need to go there in person.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

This is 100% true.  I know several couples who have camped out for days to book their wedding at Duke Chapel.  They only book one year out by the month (So say you want a June  22, 2013 wedding.  You cannot book with Duke Chapel until June 1, 2012 and you better hope someone who wants your date/time is not in line/camping out before you.  People lable their tents with duct tape numbers to show the order of the line to book your wedding.  They have either 2-3 time slots per day.  12:00, 3:00pm, and 6:00pm I believe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    edited December 2011
    Three timeslots sounds right, SC.  I also remember that she had to coordinate the chapel decorations with the other brides that day.  It wasn't switched out between ceremonies.  That place is a wedding machine.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice. I've since sent another email and been there twice! The first time visiting I was told the coordinator was on her two hour (!) lunch break and then today there was no one there at all. That makes my attempts two emails, two visits, and a phone call, all with nothing in response. I knew about their one year in advace booking policy but I had some questions for the coordinator that I'd like to ask before I drop over two grand to get married there! Even if I'm trying to get in touch with her too early (in her mind) it'd still be nice, if not professional, to at least acknowledge my existence. Am I wrong? 
  • SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holy cow!  It costs $2,000 to get married there?  I shouldn't be surprised, but I am!  This woman should absolutely return your calls/e-mails.  She is being very unprofessional.  You need to know these details so you can decide if you would actually like to marry there before you camp out/commit to it/don't look anywhere else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I'm surprised that it ONLY costs $2k to get married there.
  • GHill1overGHill1over member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never gotten married there but I have heard from several people and have read reviews on WW that she only returns emails from duke email accounts.

I remember one bride had already booked but she would only respond to the groom's email account (he was an alumnus) and not her's.

• I have finally gotten in touch with her. You may be right GHill, she's been responding to my mother's duke email account. She was very apologetic that it's taken her so long to get back to us so at least that was nice of her...
  • Does anyone know what the camp out situation is like in March?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards