Kentucky-Louisville

Some questions for help

Me and my other part will get married at June,2013.
We are budget wedding. 
I am not from US, so we will get a one in my country which is 600 people. and which I heard from him that the bride's family need take care everything... it's different with my country at all. even I thought we both should put some hands on for help.
But finally, my parents will totally take care the wedding in my country.
But we do need have another one in Louisville, we will have ceremony in church. it's pretty good, but when we talk about the receptions I really got no idea... it's looks like my part family still need take care of that partly. which my parents got not happy.

I don't know, I even thought that maybe we no need reception, but the friend and some family members didn't see me before. and some of my family and friends want come to US to join the US wedding.

It will be total 150 guesti in Louisville, but since I even don't know groom's family may only support 2000. I do need some help about finding a reception. 

Can sb help me to tell me that do I have some choice, or it's a tradition that my family need take care of all those expenses?

Re: Some questions for help

• It seems as though you and your family may have different traditions stemming from whichever country you originate from. You and your FI need to discuss the budget. It is more traditional than anything that the bride's family pays for the wedding, and the groom's family pays for the rehearsal dinner. However, that is very old school and that "rule" has changed a lot. More so nowadays, couples are paying for their own weddings and whatever their families give them is just a bonus.

I think you just need to talk to your FI and figure this out. The days of relying on your families to pay for your wedding are long gone.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards