Canada-Ontario

I'm new at this... also need alteration advice.

Hi All,I've never posted before... guess I'm a board virgin (oops, can I even say stuff like that? lol)  I live in Toronto and my wedding is in June 2010.  I just bought a wedding dress but have heard that the boutique I bought it from has horrible after service so I was hoping to get any reputable dress maker/ seamstress names from you ladies for alterations.  Any suggestions?Thanks all!Jenna

Re: I'm new at this... also need alteration advice.

• edited December 2011
    Hi,my seamstress did a really good job with my dress.  It needed a lot of alterations and it was only $240 I believe (it was a heavily beaded dress that was way too long, and needed to be taken in a lot on top).I was referred to her through Becker's Bridal, and she works out of her home in Scarborough.  Let me know if you want her info and I can email it to you (not sure if she would want her personal info posted on the internet, so better to be safe)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • sugiepiesugiepie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thrilled with my alterations.  Dress was cut down from an a-line to a more fitted flair.  The dress is fully beaded, full hem , train cut down, cups sewn in, ribbon bow added,  and bustle added plus custom veil for about $250, $60 was the price of the veil  http://www.lisavanhattem.com
  • sassette76sassette76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!

Just wondering if you could pass along the info of the seamstress to me as well? I didn't think it'd be so difficult to find a recommended seamstress in Toronto!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards