Canada-Ontario

Bellvue Manor - Review; I recommend elsewhere

Hey ladies! I figured I would give a review on Bellvue Manor, even though I did not book with them.

I went to go see it a couple of weeks ago with my FI, mom & sister. Where the building is located is rather bland, nothing special - just a parking lot in the middle of Vaughan. The structural of the building is okay. We had an appointment to meet with Rob, we sat in his office for a total of two minutes - he did not go over any of the menu options or information, just told us to read it at home. The walk through of the ENTIRE venue was 5-10 minutes AT THE MOST, and we saw 4 rooms. Rob just seemed to be annoyed by us the entire time & made us feel like we were wasting his time. When we would ask questions he would give us quick one word answers and kept rushing us to finish off the appointment (keep in mind this was sunday afternoon). We were not interested in 3/4 of the rooms he showed us, they looked like every other banquet hall and we wanted something with a different look. The one room we were some what interested in - we asked if he would put it on hold and he said no (at this time ALL of the rooms were available on our day) and said we had to make our decision right away.
After this we ruled out Bellvue Manor all together, we did not want to work with someone/venue that would treat us like this. I looked online after for reviews as well and most of them have said the same thing - that the venue is okay but not worth working with the owners (Rob & some else), many people who had events there recommend against it & so would I.
If this is the way we get treated while we are just looking at the venue I dont even want to think about how I would have if we had put a deposit down and had no choice but to have our wedding there. 

We had seen & worked with various venues & they have all given exceptional customer service. We had seen Liberty Grand previously and the venues are very similar in look - although Liberty Grand has a much better look to it overall. We met with the director on a late Saturday evening in the peak of wedding season & he still sat with us for over and hour and sent us a breakdown of the budget. I would definitely reccomend Liberty Grand over Bellvue Manor.
Graydon Hall, Sunnybrook, St. Lawrence, Eglinton Grand etc are all MUCH better to work with. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bellvue Manor - Review; I recommend elsewhere

• Hi DileniN,

I had the EXACT same experience with him. He was horrible, we were in and out within 10 minutes, he didnt show us half of the the hall, even though we had asked. He said he didnt have keys to show us things. He was taking us through the kitchen and back hallways to show us rooms. Towards the end I was trying to humour him, so I asked politely if he could show us which way the guests would be coming in. I was concerned about stairs/ elevators etc. He took us to a stairwell, opened the emergency exit door and said "get into your car, and drive around to the front door and thats where your guests will come in, goodnight"

We were mortified. My fiance ALMOST lost it on Rob, but I grabbed him, pushed him out the door and didn't say a word. I figured if he couldn't be bothered to even show us the venue, there would be no reason for us to book there and spend that amount of money.

We ended up booking with Paramount the next day.  I guess he didn't think we were serious...idiot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey Michelle! It was HORRIBLE, its awful that they treat people this way.  When we asked him if we could have the ceremony at the venue as well, he said no, too difficult. He suggested we could possibly get married in their front foye/hallway (where all the guests for all the weddings come in). No thanks. EVERY OTHER venue we had spoken to said that having our ceremony there as well would be no problem. We ended up booking with The Doctor's House right after seeing Bellvue. haha

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ha, we asked the same question, we wanted to have the ceremony in the same location. He just kept avoiding the question, then told us to just get married in a church. I wonder how long that hall is going to last if he is the owner and hes doing the bookings with couples!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had an equally bad experience going to see rob at belvue!! he acted like he did not care for our business at all!!! not only that but the hall had a weird musty smell which i did not like at all!!! i recommend to book elsewhere...
  • Rita - Sorry your experience was just as bad, I seriously do wonder how long that venue is going to last with an attitude like that.
    Did you end up booking with another venue?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards